Talk

Advanced search

Hayfever! Achoo!

(12 Posts)
PumbletonWakeshaft Wed 21-Jun-17 08:06:16

My hayfever has gone into overdrive in this sunshine. What are you taking for yours? I'm reading conflicting advice about Piriton when pregnant...

arbrighton Wed 21-Jun-17 09:28:03

www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/935.aspx?categoryid=54

QuestionARhino Wed 21-Jun-17 09:30:24

I went to my GP and they prescribed Loratadine and Avamys nasal spray. I think they're usually happy to prescribe things like that but I found pharmacists were unwilling to take responsibility for selling me antihistamines while pregnant. Seems fair enough and we get free prescriptions 🤷🏻‍♀️

Dede124 Wed 21-Jun-17 10:05:25

Loratadine and a nasal spray (beconase I think) seem to be working ok they just take the edge off would prefer piriton but my doctor wouldn't prescribe it!

PumbletonWakeshaft Wed 21-Jun-17 12:13:53

Thanks folks. Unfortunately I am only 7+1 wks so haven't had my booking appointment yet - no free scripts.Think I might have to visit the doc as I had the same from the pharmacist with antihistamines. I love this weather but I can't stop sneezing, it's doing my head in!

arbrighton Wed 21-Jun-17 12:30:15

Can you get anything at the supermarket?
I bought all my stuff over the counter from them rather than go into the pharmacy, who happen to be a walk up a steep hill anyway.

But I had checked with GP fairly early on what I would be ok to take- I took beconase and opticrom. Didn't even bother with the tablets as they never work for me anyway.

PumbletonWakeshaft Wed 21-Jun-17 17:50:02

Thanks @arbrighton Just been to the supermarket and I seemed to make the (v young) pharmacist extremely nervous! He wouldn't even give me eye drops! Next stop gp...

DebsOctBaby Wed 21-Jun-17 17:55:00

I just brought from normal supermarket shelf, no one on a check out will ask. I had already spoken to my GP who was happy for me to take piriton. There is also a nasal spray which is perfectly fine and says it's fine for pregnant women which is Prevalin. I'm on both and it's working a treat.

However my GP said I need to stop in 5 weeks as can't take in third trimester

DebsOctBaby Wed 21-Jun-17 17:55:17

I just brought from normal supermarket shelf, no one on a check out will ask. I had already spoken to my GP who was happy for me to take piriton. There is also a nasal spray which is perfectly fine and says it's fine for pregnant women which is Prevalin. I'm on both and it's working a treat.

However my GP said I need to stop in 5 weeks as can't take in third trimester

arbrighton Wed 21-Jun-17 18:23:51

Opticrom and beconase are usually just on the shelf! Hence me saying supermarket

I've NEVER had to ask in the supermarket for those.

Stupid computer and inability to actually count paracetamol/ ibuprofen products properly however, different matter....

arbrighton Wed 21-Jun-17 18:24:03

(or send your DH!)

PumbletonWakeshaft Wed 21-Jun-17 21:19:07

I get you @arbrighton, the usual pharmacist is great and advises about the stuff on the shelves as well as over the counter (saves me reading all the labels!) as the stuff on the shelves can be unsuitable for pregnancy too... I'll go back tomorrow.

@debs I will look at that too. My young Italian pharmacist just offered me a seasalt nasal spray... confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now