Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction tips

(4 Posts)
Myusername2015 Tue 20-Jun-17 17:13:54

Hi all; 41 weeks here and induction booked for Thursday due to gestational hypertension. Sweep today cervix still high and posterior only 1cm dilated. I'm desperate not to have a prolonged induction and so scared of the drip ; has anyone gone been able to have an induction just using the pessaries? Or alternatively if they don't don't work been able to request a c section instead? Thanks x

MmmMalbec Tue 20-Jun-17 19:45:49

Yeah I had pessaries only at 36 weeks. I walked round the hospital a lot the day he was born, might have been a coincidence but I'd say it can't harm to keep as active as possible!

RNBrie Tue 20-Jun-17 19:48:44

Yes you can try the pessaries and having your waters broken and then refuse the drip and request a CS. They will try and talk you out of it. They can't force you to have it but have your reasons ready and discuss it with whomever is supporting you.

mrsclaus100 Tue 20-Jun-17 20:02:19

Just to add a different perspective, I was induced with ds2 - didn't have the pessary as I was already over 2cm dilated but not in active labour. So they broke my waters which brought on a few contractions but nothing progressing so was then started on the drip. Although contractions were then very intense and fast - they were no more painful than my natural birth that I had with ds1. Plus it was all over a lot quicker and recovery much easier. I'm now 39 weeks pregnant and playing the waiting game again but I wouldn't be upset if I got induced again. All in all quite a positive experience really but i appreciate everyone is different. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now