Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks...

(10 Posts)
LauraK1987 Mon 19-Jun-17 18:37:17

God I can't cope in this heat 😩 !!! I can't believe how much I've complained !!! I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, baby's head is down and fully engaged. I've had upset tummy the last few mornings and really really strong braxton hicks since Thursday, been getting pain in my lower back as well on and off for the last few days, other than that a big fat nothing !!! With my son who is 5 my waters broke spontaneously 5 days before due date, I don't recall losing my "plug" but I've been constantly looking for it this time round 😂 !! I was never this impatient with my son but I think with the heat etc I've just had enough !! Also my feet are massive 😂😩!!

Any other ladies in the same boat feel free to jump on and have a rant !!!

user1483387154 Mon 19-Jun-17 18:55:38

Similar here. I had 35 days out of 48 in hospital due to the baby trying to come early, now he is 37 weeks and has been safe to be born for 9 days and is not making any signs of coming!
Mucus plug has been going for the last 4 days and also having lots of braxton hicks and long bouts of nausea.

Heat is awful and I am so ready for the baby to be here. I have not had a good pregnancy and am looking forward to it being finished.

LauraK1987 Mon 19-Jun-17 19:21:28

I've found this pregnancy difficult as well, we're more than ready for baby to make her appearance any time !!! Although I'm sure because I'm so ready for her to come, the universe will conspire against me and she'll be late 🙈

arbrighton Mon 19-Jun-17 20:19:32

I'm 38 weeks tomorrow and just thankful (but scared) that I am being induced on thurs. I've had enough now. I just about coped through May but the last couple of weeks have been horrid

LauraK1987 Mon 19-Jun-17 20:43:25

I'm laid starfished on my bed with every window open, listening to my partner complain he's too hot...I actually want to smack him !!!! I could honestly cry at the thought of still having 2 weeks (or potentially more) left 😢😩

toffeeboffin Mon 19-Jun-17 20:44:51

Make sure you keep cool and hydrated in the heat 👙

LauraK1987 Mon 19-Jun-17 21:03:52

I just want to feel cool 😩 I think buying a fan is on the cards !!! Plus lots of ice cream/ice lollies

arbrighton Tue 20-Jun-17 08:44:33

I had a hardly warm bath last night. Stayed in there an hour.

Then moved into spare room since it's on the non-sunny side of the house- we have solid brick walls which are just a massive storage heater, releasing it all at night.

deb1407 Tue 20-Jun-17 09:16:56

38+2 .. exact same scenario as you Laura - 5 year old caught be off guard with waters breaking in horrendous heat back in 2011, labour started 12 hours later and he was 18 days early. This time round I've been losing mucus, bloody show for the last 3 Tues / Weds, loose stools, Braxton hicks, period like cramps then it all just dies off to nothing. Also been told no sweeps are offered in my area until 41 weeks now! I am demented!!

LauraK1987 Tue 20-Jun-17 10:32:00

I'm going crazy in this heat, we've recently moved from a really old draughty terraced cottage to a more Morden house which is so well insulated and stored heat for fun, which I'm sure I'll be really grateful for in winter but right now it's so uncomfortable !!!

I was woken about 3 times in the night with niggly period type pains/strong braxton hicks and been the same on and off this morning, I'm really trying not to read into anything as I don't want to get my hopes up !! Feeling a lot of pressure and shooting pains down below too but that will be with baby being fully engaged.

We're all struggling but we'll get through it...😅

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now