Talk

Advanced search

Cars and prams help ?

(10 Posts)
SpringChicken26 Mon 19-Jun-17 10:34:18

It's really early for me to start thinking about this as an only 11+3 but we really need to change one of our cars and don't want to get something now that won't be suitable. Parking isn't great around here and our garage is currently used as a gym so don't want anything massive and difficult to parallel park. Also would be going part time after baby so don't want an ultra expensive car so was thinking a focus or fiesta. Has anybody experienced putting a pram in either of these and fitting things like a weeks shop/ a weekend bag if we were going away ? Or have you any other recommendations for cars that would be suitable for a pram that are economical to run and not too huge to park ? Thanks :-))

arbrighton Mon 19-Jun-17 10:41:44

We had a focus and used that to check the pram would fit (mothercare journey). Would have had room for a week's shop etc too but decided (on getting a second, bigger dog too) that it wasn't going to cope with all the gubbins that came with time away with baby e.g. travel cot too.
So we now have a 'family' car that is mine (Peugeot 3008) and DH's Kia Rio to commute and for day trips with baby etc as the car seat/ pram do go in there plus a bit of luggage, just not a full week's worth!

llangennith Mon 19-Jun-17 10:46:03

Whatever car you get you'll soon get used to parking it in small spaces. Get the buggy/prank that suits you best. Big enough for a 3yr old to relax comfortably, sturdy enough to hang bags from. Easy to fold and stuff in the boot of a saloon, hatchback or estate car. Shopping stuffed in everywhere else.
Buy a car big enough to do all that. You really will get good at parking!

SpringChicken26 Mon 19-Jun-17 10:55:15

Thanks guys I'm not terrible at parking it's just a luxury to have a little a1 that will fit nicely into the little space that there is too park outside our home ! I'm hoping to go for fiesta as slightly cheaper to buy and insure etc but feel I am being optimistic if I want to get a pram with anything else in there !

Trytowin Mon 19-Jun-17 11:30:45

I've got an older fiesta (03) and have bought a second hand oyster pram it fits in half of the boot (put in short ways not longways). Newer oysters may be even smaller. It will be more of a struggle to get carry cot in not tried it yet but stroller fit lovely

SpringChicken26 Mon 19-Jun-17 11:33:11

Thanks trytowin, am I right in thinking the newer fiesta are slightly bigger aswell so should fit okay !

Spudlet Mon 19-Jun-17 11:36:30

We have a Megane Scenic and a Micra. I can manage in either one, although as the Micra is a 3 door model, getting DS in can be a bit of a squeeze. But it's doable. I don't have little prams either, one is a massive Mamas and Papas job that some friends handed on to us, the other is a big off roader. They do fill the Micra boot, but they fit!

The Scenic is better as our family car because we have a dog, but a huge car is not necessary an essential.

rach217 Mon 19-Jun-17 11:44:47

We have a 5dr Polo, and popped to Mothercare over the weekend to check our preferred pram (Silvercross Pioneer) fits. Luckily it does with one of the wheels popped off, it actually fits quite well. And would have space for bits of shopping as well. I suppose it depends on what type of pram you want as well, we wanted the Pioneer for the better off road wheels etc xx

AlletrixLeStrange Mon 19-Jun-17 11:56:59

I had a new Fiesta and most prams fit in it, mine didn'tangrybut it was quite a large pram. Mothercare will let you try to pram in your car anyway so just choose one that fits

confusedat23 Mon 19-Jun-17 12:31:50

I have a new Fiesta and we got the Cosatto Giggle 2 system as the frame folds flat and then whichever seat you were using just chuck ontop... however my friend who has a BMW 1 series hatchback (bigger than Fiesta) got the Icandy and can't fit the pram and a weekly shop in her boot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now