Talk

Advanced search

Sex in pregnancy

(7 Posts)
Screamifuwant2gofaster Sun 18-Jun-17 23:19:31

Anyone else a little nervous? We had sex near beginning of pregnancy -had slight bleed following day. Was so worried. Was obviously just from sex.

I worry that I shouldn't be doing anything that will get my blood pressure going too high.

I worry about doin anything sexual in bed with dh, just in case.

Just me? I suspect I'm being silly and would love to get back to having a healthy sex life.

Any ideas anyone?

HoneyWheeler Sun 18-Jun-17 23:21:02

It's totally fine to have sex during pregnancy, in fact before long you might find you're gagging for it! Try not to worry (although I know what it's like), but those babies are well protected and there isn't much mischief you can cause them!

WithCheesePlease Sun 18-Jun-17 23:30:45

Yes I felt the same even though I know it's completely irrational (I think!)

We actually miscarried at 6 weeks and I did wonder "what if?", because I knew we'd had a lot of sex in those first few early days/weeks...

But then I also thought I had maybe done other things wrong (like I had a big night out on the drink before I knew).

Anyway, everyone reassured me that it was absolutely nothing I did and that mcs just happen.

But I still feel like this time (if I get pg), I'll be so cautious of everything in those early days to try and make it to the 12 week scan. In my head I kind of think at least give it a chance to get started growing, like get the first trimester under my belt before doing anything. I'd say I won't be able to relax anyway.

Who knows, there's probably hundreds of examples in here of people who had no problems at all and had sex the whole way through and had perfect babies! I would just go with whatever you feel comfortable with.

Foggymist Sun 18-Jun-17 23:45:18

It won't raise your blood pressure significantly at all, unless you are into some seriously energetic and long lasting stuff!! No reason to avoid it at all if you're feeling up to it, take your opportunities while you feel good!!

Screamifuwant2gofaster Mon 19-Jun-17 08:06:38

Haha, no-nothing 'seriously energetic'being considered here lol and I'm too anxious for it to last long.
We are a long way past 12 weeks but still worried.
Thanks everyone.

owltrousers Mon 19-Jun-17 12:21:57

I avoided it for the first 5 weeks after I had a bit of bleeding when we did it at 4 weeks. Now I'm 10 weeks and we do it just as regularly as before I was PG and honestly its fine! I just tell DH to be super gentle.

tootsieglitterballs Mon 19-Jun-17 12:56:52

It's absolutely fine to do, in fact in my first pregnancy I was gagging for it! This time round I have zero libido... 17 weeks and only done it 3 times since we found our - poor hubby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now