Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

NEED OPINIONS

(2 Posts)
user114643261 Sat 17-Jun-17 06:17:03

So some back story been with my girlfriend 2 years, always got on really well, both talked about our future kids, home etc. We are currently looking for a place to live together after saving enough finally! She is 5 1/2 months pregnant, this is where it all goes pear shaped. She has been horribly distant and disinterested in me since being pregnant (which I've come to terms is probably hormone related), she has said some real below the belt harsh comments about me though but she has also been so contradictory. For instance we live apart currently as stated so after work I'll usually phone her around 9pm for a catch up on her and baby, her day etc but recently she's been "too tired" to talk or even text. Yet will happily be sat on whatsapp (I have to admit for one evening out of sheer frustration I checked to see if she was online a few times over half hour or so) turns out yes she's online obviously talking yet can't with me. Also I suggested coming to see her as I have a long weekend sat-tues, she's "too tired". I'm just not sure what to think? Any advice would be appreciated. Please don't demonise me I'm not clingy or pushy and when I am with her I do all the chores for her so she can rest without complaint and I'm the main source of income for both of us so I'm pulling my weight in the relationship x2.

LucyLugosi Sat 17-Jun-17 08:36:25

This is a fist time pregnancy for me and I'm nowhere near as far along as your partner so I'm no expert, but she may just be really tired and annoyed. Chatting with your friends on whatsapp is not the same as a phone call with your boyfriend who you may currently be annoyed with (however irrationally).

Without knowing her side or anything more in depth about the relationship, I'd say ride it out and just be there for her. It sounds like you're doing a good job.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: