Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else take beconase/pollenase

(10 Posts)
BoraThirch Fri 16-Jun-17 17:33:18

Obviously its better not to take anything if possible but I can't cope with my hayfever anymore! These nasal sprays seem to be the safest - anyone else taking them?

NotAUserNumberSoNotATroll Fri 16-Jun-17 17:38:22

I'm taking piriton as it doesn't make me drowsy, hadn't checked beconase as I assumed it wasn't allowed

Masalatea Fri 16-Jun-17 17:39:48

I have been taking beconase for the past week as the hayfever has been unbearable. Trying to stay away from the antihistamin tablets though, so hoping for all of us that the pollen levels come down soon.

SpeckyB Fri 16-Jun-17 17:42:13

I took 3 x the daily recommended dose of loratadine (on consultant orders) when pregnant. It was to treat urticaria (full body, itchy hives). I couldn't cope without it. My baby was absolutely fine.

Apparently loratadine has been around for years so is considered less risky.

arbrighton Fri 16-Jun-17 20:05:25

I checked with GP and then used beconase through my hayfever season, in line with NHS advice

And because taking the tablets does nothing with me anyway

BoraThirch Sat 17-Jun-17 18:26:07

I haven't been able to get a gp appointment. Spoke to one pharmacist (male) who told me I couldn't take anything other than a saline spray, spoke to another (female) pharmacist who said beconase should be fine - but then checked the leaflet and said I would have to get it prescribed.

dementedpixie Sat 17-Jun-17 18:28:44

www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/935.aspx?categoryid=54 there are several things you can use but either need a gp to prescribe or buy it otc at a supermarket

leighdinglady Sat 17-Jun-17 19:05:28

My gp said nasal sprays are fine. They're preferred over tablets, but loratadine is the best bet if you need that too

Lelly0503 Sat 17-Jun-17 20:14:30

I was suffering so I rang my gp for an emergency apt and they just spoke to me over the phone and gave me a prescription for nasal spray and eye drops. I had both two hours later so can you do that to get you something?? The spray is Beconase aqueous spray and is great. Eye drops haven't done much but do soothe the itchiness xx

arbrighton Sat 17-Jun-17 20:37:17

I bought my beconase in supermarket with the rest of the shopping. Noone blinked......

I'd oked it with GP in October, at the only appt I've had with him throughout the pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now