Talk

Advanced search

Could my waters have started leaking?

(8 Posts)
SleepForTheWeek Fri 16-Jun-17 08:01:31

I'm 40+5 so hopefully!

Woke in the middle of night and felt a bit damp, went to the loo and the gusset of my underwear and pyjamas were wet. Not soaking wet, but visibly wet. I put a sanitary towel on and it felt damp this morning but it's hard to tell if and how much water has leaked as it's clear.

Could this be it starting? Getting some really strong BH from last night but not painful yet

arbrighton Fri 16-Jun-17 09:06:20

You need to ring up if you think that's the case. My notes say any waters, ring triage

FuckYouAndDailyMailToo Fri 16-Jun-17 09:13:24

Yes it could be. Ds had really long nails, the nurse thinks he punctured my waters - I didn't have a 'gush'. Glad he did I was 41+3.

See how you progress and call MW if worried. Hopefully your little one might put in an appearance today!

BabyMoonPie Fri 16-Jun-17 09:24:30

Ring your midwife and see what they advise. My waters leaked rather than gushing and after speaking to my midwife then the birth centre I had to go to the birth centre and be examined. They confirmed it was my waters leaking and advised me I could wait and see if baby came naturally (she did!) or be induced. Once your waters start going there is a risk of infection so best to get HCP advice. Good luck!

SleepForTheWeek Fri 16-Jun-17 09:39:35

I have an appointment at 12 today so will just go up then. Don't seem to have leaked much more but quite a lot of discharge which is new?

Will find out soon!

twinkle1972 Fri 16-Jun-17 11:24:16

Let us know how it goes smile

minime88 Fri 16-Jun-17 14:37:21

When my waters went- the smell is so distinctive that it was very clearly my waters and not urine and/or discharge x

SleepForTheWeek Fri 16-Jun-17 14:52:13

Waters still intact - have had a sweep so hoping that will get things going!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now