Talk

Advanced search

When did you summon up enough energy to 'nest'?

(19 Posts)
queenofthedump Thu 15-Jun-17 13:40:50

Hi everyone,

I'm currently 11+5 and thoroughly fed up. I am ill, exhausted, bloated, blobby etc etc etc and can't summon up the energy to do ANYTHING. Can't even keep up with the laundry/cooking, let alone tidying up the tip of a house. Taking older dc to their after-school things is just about killing me off.

I'm sure I will feel a bit better about everything once we've had the scan and can at least tell people and hopefully get a bit more help with stuff. I'm hoping that even 6yo and 4yo dc might step up a bit wishful thinking

But when will I get that pregnancy buzz? You know, the one where you float around like Mary Poppins doing all the jobs under the sun. Or do I have an overly-romanticised view of what pregnancy was like for me last time? Maybe I was in fact a miserable sod all the way through and the memory has been clouded out by the lovely faces of newborn babies at the end of it grin

MotherOfBeagles Thu 15-Jun-17 13:52:27

I'm 21 weeks today with my first and so far still feel like a horrible blobby mess. Definitely no energy or nesting instincts.

Sorry not helpful! grin

PeanutButterIsEverything Thu 15-Jun-17 13:53:34

My son's 18 months old now and nope, never got that urge... grin

queenofthedump Thu 15-Jun-17 13:55:46

Noooooooo!!!! I need to tidy up the heap of junk in our bedroom at SOME point or we'll never fit a cot in there! I was hoping that one day soon I would get a sudden urge to do it...

MotherOfBeagles Thu 15-Jun-17 13:57:17

Me too. But thankfully my mum seems to have enough beating instincts for both of us blush lol

arbrighton Thu 15-Jun-17 14:12:10

We appear to have run out of time to do most of the jobs we meant to do before bean arrives.............

I managed to arrange painting nursery and new carpets upstairs in second trimester but no more

AnUtterIdiot Thu 15-Jun-17 14:29:37

I am exactly where you are timewise, OP, and I feel ridiculous saying it's hard because it's no worse than any other pregnant women and a lot easier than it is for some. But it IS hard. I'm so tired of not wanting to do anything! I don't even have any older kids. Just a very well behaved greyhound whose breath currently makes me ill sad

DuggeeHugs Thu 15-Jun-17 15:31:06

Don't wish for nesting - it's awful sad

I didn't get that feeling last time and vaguely wondered if I'd missed out. It hit at about 20 weeks this time and was an itch/ache at the back of my head listing everything I needed to do, but without giving me extra energy to do it. At 3am it was just unpleasant and stressful.

I'm now 35 weeks and that feeling has stopped. Still loads to do to prepare but at least I feel like I can manage it all now!

RoseVase2010 Thu 15-Jun-17 15:39:47

About 16 weeks with 2nd, never with the 1st as I just felt too awful.

GummyGoddess Thu 15-Jun-17 15:58:31

At 39 weeks and 3 days, far too late to get much done, I was still working! grin

JennyGreenteeth Thu 15-Jun-17 16:00:55

Duggee I had that- I was too ill to do much but wrote lists for my dh and would lie awake picturing the contents of cupboards that needed organising. I am glad I got some jobs done before dd arrived though as there wouldn't be a chance to do them now.

WinkyisbackontheButterBeer Thu 15-Jun-17 16:05:11

It came and went in waves for me but was worst when I was overdue.
The day before I went in to be induced. Dh came home to find me vacuuming the cellar! grin
Didn't get the little bigger to move though.

10storeylovesong Thu 15-Jun-17 16:47:43

I have the instinct but am signed off work to rest due to high risk pregnancy so unable to do anything about it. It's awful - I'm sat at home looking at all the things I want to do and can't!

MuvaWifey77 Thu 15-Jun-17 18:16:14

I'm 24 weeks pregnant this week and have dispensed my cleaner 4 weeks ago, the thought of not getting things exactly how I want in my house drives me mad, I don't know if this is a nesting sort of feeling, the first 3 months of pregnancy I was feeling very ill so couldn't even cope with DS school run but now that I'm ok I spend a lot of time with my house, it's not something I can do easily , there are 5 floors and I have 2 dogs , I still send ironing to get done elsewhere but just seeing how sparkling clean the bathrooms and hallway marble floor is after I clean it brings me comfort.

MuvaWifey77 Thu 15-Jun-17 18:17:53

Ps:. Was also signed off, early in pregnancy , I had a microlight accident a few years back and have a pelvic injury.

toomuchtimereadingthreads2016 Thu 15-Jun-17 20:57:04

Lol at 35 weeks... it wasnt a beautiful snow white and the forest animals clearing up job though... much more like "oh my god if I dont get this place looking exactly how I want to in the next few hours I'm going to cry and my head will explode"... it also involved throwing out a lot of things that probably could have been put to better use but just wanted them out of my sight 🙈

buzz91 Thu 15-Jun-17 21:07:58

I'm 11w, cleared out the spare room and moved furniture from there to the living room etc. weekends of weeks 9 and 10, I'd like to think to pro-activeness will continue, but I doubt it. I get like this with everything in my life, really overly obsessively do something for a month and then swap to something else.

laurenannxo Thu 15-Jun-17 22:33:28

I'm 28 weeks now and I had it from around 20 to 23 weeks where so much stuff got sorted! I've now given up and OH is doing all the building of baby stuff and tidying and I am just waiting for baby to be here ... grin

Todayistuesday Fri 16-Jun-17 07:33:12

I've been doing it for weeks now - cleaned my laundry basket yesterday. One last decluttering blitz and I'm done. To be honest, I'm shattered and need some rest now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now