Talk

Advanced search

Just got my BFP! Excited but a bit nervous!

(7 Posts)
Mrstobe90 Wed 14-Jun-17 22:07:02

Hi,

I'll tell you a little about myself.
I'm nearly 27 and my partner is 35. We're getting married in 2 weeks and thought we'd get a head start on trying! This was our first cycle and we were so surprised that we got our BFP so soon!
AF wasn't due til friday but I've had a positive clearblue digital and 2 normal clearblue tests with very bold and prominent lines!

I've been very emotional, have mild cramps, I'm tired and my boobs are HUGE (and quite sore) but I'm starting to panic that this pregnancy won't stick. I know it's irrational and I have no reason to think this but I hardly dare to get excited just in case I jinx it!

Is anyone else experiencing this, or have you experienced this with previous pregnancies? Any advice would be appreciated xx

ashaj92 Fri 16-Jun-17 21:25:00

I was (and still am) exactly the same! Slightly different for me, my partner and I had trouble conceiving, long story short it took us 18 months but I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant with our first baby smile
When I got my BFP I think I had a bit of a nervous breakdown, expected it to be this amazing magical happy moment but I actually completely freaked out and burst into tears, totally panicked about how we would cope with a baby!! I too was convinced it wouldn't stick. It wasn't until my 12 week scan that we saw baby is totally fine and healthy that I started to relax. It was like I didn't want to kid myself until I knew for sure it was happening. I don't think you ever really stop worrying, but once you have a couple of scans and start to feel little one wriggling about I'm sure you'll be fine smile
Congratulations to you and hope everything goes well! ❤️

MummyGofboys Fri 16-Jun-17 21:34:46

@Mrstobe90 I got my BFP today too 😊😊

It's totally normal to worry in the first 12 weeks. If you really start panicking you can get a private scan and you can see heartbeat From 5 weeks.

Xx

Mrstobe90 Sat 17-Jun-17 22:04:52

thank you ashaj I have been hoping and praying that we have a sticky baby! I also don't want to get it into my head too much until I've had a scan. I'm just waiting for the day that I hear it's beautiful heartbeat <3
I'm so happy you have your little squish after trying for so long!!

MummyG I am so so so so happy for you!! I knew you'd get pregnant first cycle! You did with the other boys so why break a tradition :D

ashaj92 Sun 18-Jun-17 11:30:58

If you're still feeling quite anxious I really do recommend getting a private scan for your first. My NHS one took ages to come through so we had a private scan at 12 weeks as we were going on holiday soon after, and it was such a lovely experience. At £50 for 15 minutes it's not cheap, but if I compare it to my first NHS scan (at 16 weeks 🙄) it felt very rushed and impersonal. Not to say your experience would be the same but the private clinic were so accommodating and reassuring I felt so much better for it 😊 Just try and wait it out as long as you can so you'll have more to see 😉 X

TheLionQueen1 Sun 18-Jun-17 11:35:05

Mrstobe, I found out as early as you have and it's a killer waiting until the 12 week scan!! I had a private scan at 8 weeks and that seemed like forever! Huge congratulations! I'm currently 23+5 and it's still sinking in!! X

Mrstobe90 Mon 19-Jun-17 09:34:51

ashaj I think I will try to go private for it! This is my first so want everything to be extra special smile thanks for the advice!

lionqueen that fills me with hope smile I can't wait to be that far along! It's just so daunting being this early

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now