Talk

Advanced search

Hay fever remedies in pregnancy

(14 Posts)
tootsieglitterballs Wed 14-Jun-17 18:06:01

Anything you have found that works during pregnancy?! Usually drugged up on nose spray, eye spray and tablets and obviously this time can't take anything.

Last pregnancy my hay fever hardly hit at all, so I'm at a loss this time!

dementedpixie Wed 14-Jun-17 18:08:27

www.nhs.uk/chq/pages/935.aspx?categoryid=54 there are nasal sprays and antihistamines that you can use

Natsku Wed 14-Jun-17 18:10:17

Loratadine is safe to use

Seachangeshell Wed 14-Jun-17 18:10:27

Haymax barrier balm was good. About £6 from holland and Barrett

chantico Wed 14-Jun-17 18:18:59

Plain saline nasal spray can help (one brand is Sterimar)

arbrighton Wed 14-Jun-17 19:50:00

Who on earth told you that you can't take anything? Absolute pish

Try to use nasal spray and eyedrops first- works for me.

I haven't bothered with tablets as they don't help me anyway so no point putting them into my bloodstream

tootsieglitterballs Wed 14-Jun-17 20:25:57

Thanks all, shall take a look at everything.

Pharmacist is who has said I can't have anything! A friend has also been told the same today by more than one pharmacist!

dementedpixie Wed 14-Jun-17 20:35:23

Might need to get a prescription or buy over the counter e.g. loratidine can be bought in the supermarket

dementedpixie Wed 14-Jun-17 20:36:49

From nhs link:

Pharmacists are unlikely to sell antihistamines over the counter for use in pregnancy, because of manufacturers' restrictions.

Maybe best to see a gp

MsPickle Wed 14-Jun-17 20:43:30

Prevalin spray whether pregnant or not is brilliant. No steroids so no problem if your hay fever season is loooooooooooooooong like mine. Much cheaper ordered from Amazon but I think it's fab. The balms are good as well.

arbrighton Wed 14-Jun-17 21:19:00

My GP told me what I could take.

I've bought it OTC in supermarket without a blink and if I hadn't have been able to, would have gone back and got a prescription, with the added bonus then of using the mat exemption and getting it free.

AmyGardner Wed 14-Jun-17 21:28:47

You can get a wee thing you stick up your nose, it's a two pronged thing. Can't remember what it's called, try Amazon? <helpful>

AmyGardner Wed 14-Jun-17 21:36:34

Allergy Reliever!

YellowLawn Wed 14-Jun-17 21:38:11

I sent dh to buy beconase for me (upon recommendation of the gp I must add!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now