Talk

Advanced search

Advice on healing sore/torn muscles in third trimester

(2 Posts)
soontobeamum1982 Wed 14-Jun-17 16:56:30

I've had a really sore calf for a week, checked out twice including scan for DVT - all the scaries ruled out (which is good, because I have other complications to worry about).

But my calf is so sore and isn't healing. I've been limping for about a week, and today my other leg has decided to start to join the party. I'm really struggling to move around. The midwife said: "Oh, what you really need is a high dose of ibuprofen... shame that you can't!" Yes, thanks for that, very helpful.

Luckily I only have two more days left of work, but I live up a hill and it's impossible for me not to have to put some weight on it at some point during the coming weeks (I'm only 33 weeks, I can't stay housebound for over a month, i'll go mad!)

Had anyone else had this, due to carrying around the extra weight? How did you help heal it? I'm keeping my legs raised as much as possible.

soontobeamum1982 Wed 14-Jun-17 18:44:11

I should add, I am 'borderline' for gestational diabetes with a repeat glucose tolerance test taking place on Monday. If i've got it i'll be asked to up my exercise/activity levels. How am I going to do that if I can't even walk?

Moan over...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now