Talk

Advanced search

Calling all growing mums in need if maternity wear!!!!

(14 Posts)
Confuseddot Mon 12-Jun-17 18:26:41

Asos is the site to be on!! I've ordered many a bargain and have uploaded photos for you to see. I really struggled finding nice maternity clothes else where for cheap. Enjoy!

chelle85 Mon 12-Jun-17 21:41:37

I've sent back pretty much everything I have ordered as the sizing seems to be all over the place. Bought 2 dresses same size. One was a mile too small and one would have fit my husband. Got a midi dress that came to just above my ankles.

Really can't wait for baby to be here then I can dress myself again!

Jessiecat27 Tue 13-Jun-17 08:08:17

The dresses look cheap! I'm going to have a look thank you!

Confuseddot Tue 13-Jun-17 08:13:51

Chelle is that with asos? What brand as they do other r brands not just their own? Are you quite short? I have problems because of shortness too. I shall update when clothes are here if any good but they look pretty from what I can see! X

lightcola Tue 13-Jun-17 08:27:31

Get a good pair of maternity leggings and then just buy dresses which are stretchy. I saved a fortune doing that second time round.

Confuseddot Tue 13-Jun-17 08:50:05

I've got Leggings and I also got a lot of dresses and three pairs of jeans second hand from fb x

TeaTeaTea Tue 13-Jun-17 08:59:44

I was going to have a look at ASOS today. Only worried about the sizing too as I'm quite tall. I've got to order something though, not only am I starting to stretch out my stretchier skirts/maxi dresses but just not looking good anymore, not good when still need to look nice for work. Let us know what your order is like

EssentialHummus Tue 13-Jun-17 09:09:53

So far I've done fine with just a "Belly Belt" to extend my trousers, and looser tops and tunics. 28 weeks. Trying to avoid buying much more if I can!

wapsmahoney Tue 13-Jun-17 09:55:50

I can recommend the ASOS maternity tights .... they fit really well and are good for us tall ladies too! I have found with most ASOS own brand clothes they do come up a bit large so normally either order a size 10 - when im normally a 12 or order both and just send one back!
Also ... Can I recommend primark midi dresses! I have bought about 6 ... different styles ... all super stretchy ... I just went up a size and they should do me through most of my pregnancy now ( currently 24 weeks)
Good luck ... I have hated the 'nothing fits me' stage and trying to avoid buying an entirely new wardrobe on top of everything else!

Confuseddot Tue 13-Jun-17 13:10:34

A lot of the clothes I'll probably wear not pregnant tbh. I bought a lot second hand too. All my clothes are pretty tight and belly popping out the bottom of tops so wardrobe was needed. It was probably needed before pregnancy tbh x

babysurprise14 Tue 13-Jun-17 13:17:36

I have really struggled with Asos, tops have been fine but the sizing for their jeans is really out, everywhere else I have been a 14, yet Asos 14 didn't go passed my knees! When I measured against my new look jeans there was 6 inches difference! Don't get me wrong I love Asos it's just a little hit and miss.

Got a few nice bits in George Asda,h&m and gap.

Confuseddot Tue 13-Jun-17 13:57:46

Yeah that's why I didn't go for jeans as I'm different sizes everywhere. I bought my jeans second hand and tried them on lol x

ButterflyFree Tue 13-Jun-17 14:30:30

I bought a few tops and a dress from ASOS Maternity and they've all served me well so far, but Topshop has been my absolute favourite for maternity leggings and jeans - especially the Joni over the bump style.

Confuseddot Tue 13-Jun-17 21:13:11

Thanks butterfly. Don't think I can stretch to topshop prices atm. We're currently doing the house up so in a small budget for maternity things haha x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now