Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Unsure what to do...

(7 Posts)
rollingonwheels Sun 11-Jun-17 20:18:50

Last week, had growth scan at 26w5d, baby growing ok, bigger than average at moment. At appointment I had one of my 'heart episodes' (extremely fast heart and dizzy this time) as well as when checking blood pressure it was high and had protein in urine.
Went up to ward for a bit. Blood pressure went back down and sent home.
Last night, I went to maternity assessment unit, because of reduced movements during the day & then nothing all evening. At midnight I ate lots of sweets and chocolate and had drinks. 2 hours later still no movement. I rang hospital & said come in. Went on monitor, found heart rate and had movements. Of course much happier hearing that and sent me home.

Something is bugging me though. The movements are still reduced to what I've been feeling for over a month now. Before they were all over in ribs, high up, in my sides and low down, belly going crazy on outside too.
Now the reduced movements I've felt are very very low down and much weaker to what I've been feeling. No belly movement on outside either.

I'm going to contact my midwife. She isn't in until Tuesday. But do i contact someone tonight at the hospital or do I wait to speak to a Gp at surgery tomorrow or contact the antenatal clinic tomorrow? I am feeling movements, the same as what they saw at the hospital last night. They were happy with it. But they are significantly different to what I've been experiencing.

Smurf123 Sun 11-Jun-17 20:42:44

Hope you are doing OK... I'm not sure as I haven't been in this situation before but my mum is a nurse and she always says reduced movements to get checked out straight away. Tell them it's different than it used to a month ago. My mum used to go to the hospital every time with my brother.. All turned out fine but it's better to be on the safe side! Hope things go well for you.

usagainsttheworldson Sun 11-Jun-17 20:53:42

Head could be moving down getting into birth position

RosePrincess87 Sun 11-Jun-17 21:58:06

I've been in twice for reduced movements (now 37 weeks). Movements didn't really pick up from the first visit (28 weeks), so assumed that was my new normal. I then had a growth scan at 28 weeks and baby was breech which explained my reduced movements. My movement were completely different from then on. She used to kick like crazy but she started to move accross my stomach and haven't really felt kicks since.

Had a scan during my visit last week and baby was facing backwards. As I have an anterior placenta I guess the position of baby really does affect how much I feel.

Babies always perk up when the monitor is on them. I certainly did look like an idiot last week when baby went absolutely crazy on the monitor.

I hope this gives you some peace of mind, but please if you are worried get seen ASAP. Sometimes you're made to feel like you're wasting their time but nothing idle more important than keeping your baby alive.

Is this yo

DuggeeHugs Sun 11-Jun-17 23:58:44

It's horribly worrying when this happens flowers

Personally I'd go back in again for monitoring - they absolutely won't mind. If it's like my trust, the second reduced movement monitoring will trigger a growth scan.

This happened to me and they found baby was small. I'm now monitored weekly with growth scans every three weeks. They still tell me to come in if anything changes and I was told off for not coming in the afternoon before my scheduled appointment when I noticed reduced movements. Stupidly I'd not wanted to make a fuss 15 hours before I knew I'd be seen anyway blush

rollingonwheels Mon 12-Jun-17 13:22:26

Hi Rose Princess
They have told me my baby has turned breech too and was facing outwards and now backwards too. Maybe that's why?
I'm seeing how today goes, I'm really hoping things go ok today & can wait until midwife tomorrow.

RosePrincess87 Mon 12-Jun-17 23:27:03

Sorry for late reply rolling. Possibly. DD1 was small, anterior placenta and always facing backwards. I hardly felt her throughout my pregnancy. This time my movements have changed as she's moved position. First breech and now head down but facing my back. I told the midwife last week I thought she was facing backwards and sure enough when she scanned me baby was facing backwards. They told me to aim for feeling at least 10 movements a day. Although had they told me this during my first pregnancy I would have been in hospital all the time as some days I'd feel her once or twice.

It's the most worrying thing and like everyone said when in doubt get checked out.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: