Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this HG or ongoing sickness?

(5 Posts)
HannahWayes Sat 10-Jun-17 11:18:44

I'm 17+1 with DS.

I'm sick pretty much every day, sometimes only once though.

However, I'm almost constantly feeling nauseous.

I thought things would be better now. I'm on Cyclizine which worked wonders for the vomiting. Maybe I would still be really ill if I hadn't started taking it?

Am I being a wuss or is this HG? Does it even count as HG?

I'm not dehydrated now and keep food down mostly.

What do you think? I just feel pants almost always and it's taking the joy out of everything sad

Lemondrop99 Sat 10-Jun-17 12:11:42

Honestly, I don't think it matters whether you technically have textbook HG or not. There's not a clear cut kind where HG ends and severe sickness begins. Severe nausea and vomiting in pregnancy is bloody awful, so you're certainly not being a wuss!! Even people with HG can see an improvement from 16 weeks, or sometimes 20 weeks. You don't have to be able to say you had HG to recognise that you've been suffering something awful. I'm 24 weeks and still feeling rotten, although the vomiting is much reduced. Hopefully you'll start to feel better as you get closer to the 20 weeks mark.

AnUtterIdiot Sat 10-Jun-17 12:20:14

I'm like you: throwing up once or twice a day but constantly nauseous. I did wonder whether I should go to the GP for medication but decided against as I wasn't sure if it really "counted" as HG. If I'm still feeling like this at 17 weeks I bloody well will. And certainly you might have been much worse if you hadn't started the meds flowers

Bobbiepin Sat 10-Jun-17 19:51:59

I don't think it would classify as HG but still enough to feel a bit sorry for yourself. I was vomiting up to 10 times a day but no one mentioned HG when I saw a GP, midwife and obstetrician. I found accupressure bands (the ones you usually get for travel sickness) and not eating too early in the morning or late at night helped but you need to find what works for you. My MS cleared up around 15 weeks and I'm rarely sick at all now.

FlapAttack88 Sat 10-Jun-17 22:49:38

Lemon said what I wanted to say perfectly smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now