Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Way to slim down or tone flabby arms - 25 weeks, getting married end August

(8 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Fri 09-Jun-17 21:35:42

So my arms are looking quite wobbly now and they were already not that slim (size 12+) is there anything i can do? Im wearing a short sleeve dress on the day.

LittleWingSoul Fri 09-Jun-17 21:57:10

Funnily... I was looking at photos of my second pregnancy earlier, we took a pretty nude mugshot of me every 4 weeks and going from a size 6/8 to well... very pregnant, other than my growing bump, it was my arms that 'gained' significantly, and that was even though I still ran long distance up to 20 weeks!

Basically... I dont think pregnancy is the time to think about losing weight, or even trying - your body is storing fat and I don't think you can or should stop that.

A glitzy, embellished cardigan?
A beautiful embroidered wrap?
A soft, slouchy blazer?

LittleWingSoul Fri 09-Jun-17 21:58:49

These were some ideas I had for my wedding... although obviously it very much depends on your style and your dress!

Foggymist Sat 10-Jun-17 09:10:53

You can do arm workouts, or yoga/pilates, it's good to exercise/stay fit anyway during pregnancy. There's lots of pregnancy suitable workouts online.

arbrighton Sat 10-Jun-17 09:14:50

Very true Foggy but at this point, changing the exercise already done signficantly/ starting new exercise routines would not be recommended.

Jellybabie3 Sat 10-Jun-17 10:00:09

Thanks. I do light weights and x train when i have the energy. Im not trying to lose weight just stop the rot on my arms. There's a good chance it will be hot so ideally dont want a cardi. I know theres not a huge amount i can do but seeing as i have to live with the photos forever i was hoping i could do a little something! Ah well

Foggymist Sat 10-Jun-17 11:21:55

Keep up the weights workouts for your arms so.

Calphurnia Sat 10-Jun-17 11:27:51

Tricep press ups, as many as you can. Ideally in an antenatal class so the teacher can check your posture & make sure you're not compromising your abs etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now