Talk

Advanced search

CTG monitoring

(7 Posts)
Littlejayx Fri 09-Jun-17 06:49:07

I've just had my 35 week check up with my midwife to which she has arranged a ctg and another scan due to 'faltering growth' the bump is measuring 1cm below where it should be.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm in panic stations sad

NurseP Fri 09-Jun-17 08:28:12

To have had to have monitoring 4 times so far for reduced movement. It's been fine each one, usually half an hour or so in the assessment unit or ward with straps on your belly. Nothing at all to worry about.
With my first baby, I measured bigger , but bump measuring is very subjective and 1 cm isn't a lot.
Please try not to worry, easier said than done, I know. X

arbrighton Fri 09-Jun-17 10:16:13

1cm isn't much at all. Has it been on 'schedule' so far

bump measuring is only a vaguely relatable measurement. And some people just measure big or small.

Don't panic.

And, be aware, growth scans are also notoriously inaccurate.

Littlejayx Fri 09-Jun-17 11:27:04

Yes everything has been spot on so far, that's why I'm worrying sad

My hospital midwife explained it's all about water weight and what position the baby is in, the next day my community midwife was very concerned confused

arbrighton Fri 09-Jun-17 11:39:04

No, please please don't worry.

It's so close to being the expected measurement that I am extremely surprised you have been referred, especially with such a overtly worrying statement as 'faltering' growth.

Although I'm currently 36 weeks and measuring over (by rather more than 1cm!!) and previous growth scans have gone up the centiles so they're a bit concerned. I have another one scheduled next week anyway or I think she might have referred me. But my midwife didn't start bandying any worrying terms about.

Hopefully, you'll just get to see your little one and be reassured.

DuggeeHugs Fri 09-Jun-17 13:41:58

Measurements are very inaccurate. Within three days I had a fundal height saying baby was on 90th percentile and a growth scan saying they were on the 10th percentile. I have CTGs weekly and they're actually just very reassuring. 30-60 minutes listening to baby's heartbeat and recording their movements helps to relieve some of the stress I feel from the rest of pregnancy!

Littlejayx Sat 10-Jun-17 08:05:07

Thank you for all your reassurance smile I think it was more the urgency of the midwife and 'faltering growth' and asked to keep a movement diary. I'm in first thing tomorrow so hope everything is okay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now