Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How many was am I?

(6 Posts)
sadie2017 Thu 08-Jun-17 13:55:25

Hi all,

Ive not booked to see the doc yet but had several positive pregnancy tests.

I'm tying to work out how many weeks pregnant I am as getting confused. I read somewhere that you should count from the 1st day of your last period - is this right?

If that's the case, my last period started on 3rd May - does this mean I'm 5 weeks? Or should I count from ovulation date?

Thanks x

AnUtterIdiot Thu 08-Jun-17 13:57:17

You count from the first day of the last period you had. So the first day of my last period was 24th March making me 10w 6d.

AnUtterIdiot Thu 08-Jun-17 13:57:42

Also congratulations!

sadie2017 Thu 08-Jun-17 14:01:48

Thank you - congrats to you also smile

This is my first so feeling a bit naive to it all x

arbrighton Thu 08-Jun-17 14:55:09

And you may not need to see your GP at all. They don't have tests any more sensitive than the sticks we buy now, unless they take blood. They take your word for it

For our NHS trust, it's self refer to midwife service- GP reception just hand their number out if you go in and say 'I'm pregnant, what do I need to do'

I wouldn't have seen my GP at all had I not had to discuss my antidepressants and some other medications. And I haven't seen them for anything else pregnancy related- just booked my flu and whooping cough jabs at GP reception for the nurse to do

sadie2017 Thu 08-Jun-17 19:15:41

Fab thank you. Call the docs and you're right, can book me straight in to see midwife in a few weeks :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now