Talk

Advanced search

Fed up morning sickness feels never ending

(12 Posts)
KCpip Wed 07-Jun-17 18:50:21

Help! I'm 8 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby. I had morning sickness last time too and am wondering if I did a fantastic job of forgetting it or if it's genuinely worse this time. So fed up of feeling nauseous and trying to look after my 2 year old. Help!! Anyone else in the same boat?!

Linner83 Wed 07-Jun-17 21:07:03

I'm 29 weeks and still throwing up - hopefully yours will finish soon x x x

Bubbasmama2017 Thu 08-Jun-17 09:01:26

16 weeks and got sickness at least 3 times a day sometimes 8 times it's not fun and people think it's a bit of a joke but I felt like it took over my life.

YoureNotASausage Thu 08-Jun-17 09:04:02

It's so so hard. I'm 7+6 today and the days are long and slow and miserable. This is #4 for me so I've been here before but it's the first time I've asked the GP for help. I started cyclizine yesterday and think it helped. I usually get better by wk 16 so I'm just trying to get through each day as best I can. You have my sympathy op.

Cakescakescakes Thu 08-Jun-17 09:04:55

I found it worse second time as you can't just lie down and rest. I think that's what makes the difference.

RelentlesslyPositive Thu 08-Jun-17 09:08:26

It does end. Reading this thread has brought back bad memories of lying on the sofa, spinning with nausea for months (it felt like months, may only have been a few weeks), watching my 3 year old running riot while I was too ill to move.

That baby will be five years old in a few months, he's an absolute darling and I haven't thought about the morning sickness in years. It was so miserable at the time!

KCpip Thu 08-Jun-17 13:25:46

Thanks for your messages. Although I'd never wish it on anyone it's nice to hear I'm not alone. Bubbasmama2017, agree sometimes I wonder if people understand how bad it is. I've been off work for 2 weeks now and since I'm only on a temp contact I don't get any sick pay but tried dragging myself in last week and just couldn't function. Yourenotasausage I might go to the GP tomorrow, couldn't get an appointment today. Relentlesslypossitive, nice to hear some positivity thanks! I've been here before, just don't remember it being so bad!!

AnUtterIdiot Thu 08-Jun-17 14:01:26

I know. I'm sick once or twice a day which is manageable, just about, but the food aversions - just the word "curry" makes me feel sick - and the waves of nausea every time I move, or speak for more than 5 minutes, or have to stand over the hob or the oven, or generally move from cool to hot or hot to cool, are awful. DH is amazing when he's here but I mainly work from home so have to manage food prep on my own during the day and it's no fun. I used to love cooking sad

ripa81 Thu 08-Jun-17 20:28:28

I've tried ginger chews, saltines by themselves and with peanut butter, sea bands, peppermint candy (green and red), flat ginger ale, and taking vitamins. BUT nothing helped until my boyfriend brought no to morning sickness tea. It was my lifesaver.

RelentlesslyPositive Thu 08-Jun-17 21:30:32

When I was pregnant with my first baby, I ran a breakfast club at the local school. I had to resign, because the smell of the food made me so sick. I kept on working in my office job until I was 29 weeks, but had to take phone calls lying on the floor, watching the ceiling rotate like I had drunk whole bottles of vodka. I felt so sick! The smell of the air freshener in the loos used to make me heave and my (male) boss couldn't understand it, but a female colleague quietly took them away.

Morning sickness with my second baby was even worse. ..

I feel for the Duchess of Cambridge - so sick that she needed to be in hospital. Even being royal does not protect you from this horrible affliction.

The babies are worth it in the end smile

Cantwait4summer Thu 08-Jun-17 21:37:55

I know how you feel ..went through horrendous Ms in all.3 pregnancies..felt like it was worse each time my last pregnancy i was signed off for 10wks ..all time spent lying in bed or over the loo !! Tried so many stuff to help but none really worked - just let it ride and eat little when u can . Like other posters said it will.all be worth it once its over flowers

Mulch Thu 08-Jun-17 21:46:29

Mine peaked at 9weeks, was bed ridden thinking how I was going to get through the pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now