Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this round ligament pain?

(8 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Tue 06-Jun-17 09:28:58

Woke this morning with pains in either side of my lower abdomen. Feels similar to PMS crampy, dull ache pain I get. It is just above my groin on both sides and feels worse when standing. No pain in centre or elsewhere. I'd rate it 3/10 on pain scale, but it's very uncomfortable and achy. Also it's not like sets of cramps, it's more a constant dull pain.

Should I be worried, or is this normal?

OnNaturesCourse Tue 06-Jun-17 09:29:56

Oh, and I've had pain in lower back pelvic area and in my hip on right side. Actually now I think about it could this be connected? Xx

1stTimeRounder Tue 06-Jun-17 10:53:46

I had round liagment pain, it was quite sharp actually, worse when lying flat on my back and when doing things like coughing. I once coughed whilst lying on my baçk and it felt like I'd been shot in the hips confused

How far along are you? Could be that or could be pelvic girdle pain too? Think that's more of a dull ache but I've not had it before...

Lemondrop99 Tue 06-Jun-17 10:56:51

Mine RLP feels sharp too. It feels tight for a little bit then I keep getting these 'snaps' as the ligament shifts. Often when I move, sneeze or cough. Hurts for a second and makes me yelp, but then it's over. It's not been a constantly dull ache.

OnNaturesCourse Tue 06-Jun-17 11:46:01

I'm 15+5, and now really wondering what it could be...

Uiscebeatha85 Tue 06-Jun-17 13:16:48

No doesn't sound like RL pain to me. As PP have said it's more of a snap pain that's short lived. Pregnancy is full of niggles here and there though. If you're concerned no harm in giving your mw a call.

newbian Tue 06-Jun-17 13:25:14

Mine were very sharp pains, so bad they sometimes took my breath away, sort of in the area between my ovaries and the joint between my leg and torso. Thanks ugly brief. Nothing like period pains.

OnNaturesCourse Tue 06-Jun-17 13:31:56

I wonder if it could perhaps be joint pain instead. I'll definitely ask next time I am due in to see MW x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now