Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Terrible morning sickness, scared about work *help*

(2 Posts)
Gemaxo Mon 05-Jun-17 13:57:23

Hi ladies,

Since Wednesday I have been having terrible morning sickness (all day) constant nausea, dizzy when I stand up, no energy just want to sleep and stomach pain. I have been off work since Thursday (3days in total) work know I am pregnant.

I have a GP app today to see if there is anything they can prescribe me to help either being vitamins or anti sickness tablets. I'm so worried about work though, they can't discipline me can they? Will my GP write me a note to say I've come in due to pregnancy related illness so I can at least cover my back with work?

There is no way I could of faced work these last few days as I've just been in a terrible please with this! And it's really getting me down now, when I called in sick today they just seemed uninterested and irritated so now I'm scared!

Thanks

Iamastonished Mon 05-Jun-17 14:03:17

First of all congratulations on your pregnancy.

You might like to read this as it should set your mind at rest. It is illegal for your employer to discriminate against you for being pregnant or taking sick leave for pregnancy related sickness.

I hope you feel better soon flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now