Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Worrying about everything

(11 Posts)
maybebaby88 Mon 05-Jun-17 13:53:50

I'm 31 and 8 weeks pregnant with my first. I was just wondering else experienced intense worrying during their pregnancy? I've always been a bit of a hypochondriac, but it's got crazy since I found out I was pregnant. Every little cramp I worry is a miscarriage, when I have days where I dont feel sick I worry, and maybe most crazy of all is my constant worry about blood clots. I've always had a bit of a thing about this, but now that I know in pregnancy there's a bigger risk I'm constantly checking my legs. Like i have a vein in my foot thats bulging a little and I'm freaking out!
Is it normal to worry this much, or do you think maybe I need to get some help?
Thanks

ethelfleda Mon 05-Jun-17 16:46:36

I used to be a massive hypochondriac. I'm 17+1 now and told myself from the beginning that this might be the only time I experience being pregnant in my life and I want to try and enjoy it and not waste time worrying. I know it's easier said than done! Remember that symptoms come and go but it doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong. If it gets debilitating then speak to your doctor.

maybebaby88 Tue 06-Jun-17 09:26:29

Thank you for your answer! It is easier said than done, but I'm going to try my best to block it all out. Thanks for your advice, and congratulations!

MrsH128 Tue 06-Jun-17 11:47:59

it's sooooo normal to worry i was and still am exactly the same and i'm 34weeks now with a textbook pregnancy every stage for me brings new terror and anxiety so i really feel for you, just try and take each day as it comes xx

MrsH128 Tue 06-Jun-17 11:48:36

and yes absolutely talk to your midwife about it i did and they have been great

maybebaby88 Tue 06-Jun-17 14:14:31

Thank you MrsH. It's so horrible to constantly have something niggling at you in the back of your head! I'm seeing the midwife in a couple of weeks so I think I will just mention it to her.
Thanks for your advice, and hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly! smile

LJM5183 Wed 07-Jun-17 07:32:23

Hi I'm about 4-5 I have really bad endometriosis that's attached to my back,hips and pelvis I'm very worried that the midwife won't be seeing me until I'm at least 8 weeks.Ive had a previous miscarriage and I'm very worried.I have spots all over my face which Ive never had and finding it hard to keep anything down.Can anyone give me some advice please

flumpybear Wed 07-Jun-17 07:37:21

I'm the same too - my children are 5&8 but remember worrying through my whole pregnancies .... but you do feel pain and discomfort when pregnant so try not to let it rule your life
By the way - the worrying never stops but you learn to deal with it better x

LJM5183 Wed 07-Jun-17 07:53:44

Thanks I think it's more to do with where the endometriosis is plus my partner has done one so I'm going through all this alone I just want to know everything is ok

FenellaMaxwellsPony Wed 07-Jun-17 07:55:01

I was the same. He's nearly 4 months old now and I worry just as much now he's on the outside!

LJM5183 Wed 07-Jun-17 08:16:02

I'm only worried because this month is 10 years since my last miscarriage and Ive never tried for a baby since in fact I was told I couldn't have them at all so I'm in a lot of shock still

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: