Talk

Advanced search

Appear to have broken a blood vessel in my eye!

(5 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Sat 03-Jun-17 09:13:50

From being sick yesterday confused. I don't have hyperemesis - have been being sick once or twice most days but not all since Week 8. Now week 10. Has this happened to anyone else? I assume it'll sort itself out but am really not keen on it happening again.

westeringhome Sat 03-Jun-17 10:38:50

Not happened to me but ds1 had a massive tantrum as a toddler and it resulted in blood shot eyes for a week. HV said just from the strain of the screaming and was harmless, which it probably is for you, but best mention it do your doctor / midwife. Hope the sickness eases soon!

HopeAndJoy16 Sat 03-Jun-17 19:06:49

I once did this after overdoing it on a night out blush It did sort itself out, but it looked awful for quite a few days!

RosePrincess87 Mon 05-Jun-17 11:23:27

Wait until you see your eyes after giving birth! It will heal by itself in time.

sycamore54321 Mon 05-Jun-17 12:27:02

That sounds rough. While you are still v early, those eye veins can be a result of raised blood pressure so if you can easily have your BP checked in the next while, it would be worth doing so.

If there are no other symptoms, it's probably fine to leave it alone but any visual disturbances or changes would need to be checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now