Talk

Advanced search

Positive tests getting lighter?

(9 Posts)
jennyt82 Wed 31-May-17 17:00:56

Hi although I'm aware that I'm a complete stress head, I discovered a few days ago that I'm surprisingly pregnant with my 4th baby. I already have 3 boys and I'm worried that I feel so different to my previous pregnancies (they were all exactly the same) on top of this I've been obsessively poas since I found out and they don't seem to be getting any darker, I also took one this morning which was darkish but not as dark as the control line but then I've taken one this afternoon and the line is barely visible and now I'm imagining the worst. Something just doesn't feel right this time.

arbrighton Wed 31-May-17 17:28:19

Remember first morning urine is far more concentrated so will have higher HCG and hence produuce a darker line.

jennyt82 Wed 31-May-17 18:51:28

But shouldn't they be getting darker too? I'll be 4weeks and 4days, when I've been pregnant before I've always had dark positives by now

Ekphrasis Wed 31-May-17 18:54:11

Try again in the morning with dark urine. Do you have any other symptoms? If you are loosing the pregnancy I'm really sorry. I recently had a mc. But it's not over yet; don't rely on the tests to tell you that.

jennyt82 Wed 31-May-17 18:58:38

I've had really really sore nipples since the weekend but that's a pregnancy symptom I've never suffered with before. I've only ever started with morning sickness at 6 weeks in the past. I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Thankyou for your reply, I think I'm just more stressed this time because it was such a shock and if anything were to happen I know we wouldn't try again.

Sunrise66 Wed 31-May-17 19:03:07

I wouldn't attach too much significance to the shade of the line as a positive is a positive and would stop testing as it's gonna make you more anxious which isn't good generally for you or pregnancy.
I had exactly same in my last pregnancy as when I repeated the test a few days after a bfp with clear line, the line was barely visible so I was really worried. Everything was fine though and daughter now 6mths.
If you have any pain/bleeding or keep feeling uneasy about things then I would contact GP who could monitor your hormone levels via simple blood test which is much more accurate.

Ekphrasis Wed 31-May-17 19:03:45

I think you are still in shock - it's tough, early pregnancy worry! only time will tell if all is well. That is really frustrating unfortunately. Look after yourself and I do hope it turns out well. I poas loads in early pregnancy. I'm not sure it helped really as I did fret similarly at one point. Dark wee corrected that. I mc at 8 wks though, baby hadn't grown past 6. I was still getting lines for a month after my mc so I don't think they tell you a great deal.

jennyt82 Wed 31-May-17 19:08:44

Thankyou I did ho to the doctors earlier, she said that they'll only do blood tests if I put a sample in to confirm my pregnancy and it'll take 3-5 working days to get that back! The feeling different also worries me, I've never particularly enjoyed my pregnancies before my 20 week scan anyway especially with 2 heavy bleeds in my last 2 but this time I feel 100x more worried

jennyt82 Wed 31-May-17 19:09:45

Thanks everyone for your replies I really appreciate it smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now