Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Hair dye and pregnancy.

(7 Posts)
Milliemoo37 Wed 31-May-17 16:16:51

Hello smile

I've read mixed reviews about dying hair whilst pregnant. So I'm utterly confused as to whether Its safe to do so. I'm currently 22wks and I've held off dying hair my for some time, maybe around a year or so,just to give it a rest and I wanted to remain as close to my natural colour. It was light brown with blonde ombre ends before I dyed it all black last year and I left it at that. However, the blonde is coming back through and it's starting to look patchy, it's such a weird mixture of colours!

Im going to get it cut short soon as the length, even though I love it, is too hard for me to handle. Then I want to dye it so it's just one colour, I'm just a worrier and too scared to dye it.

Can anybody offer any help?

dementedpixie Wed 31-May-17 18:16:07

Nhs says its ok but that some people may want to wait until after the first trimester.

namechange20050 Wed 31-May-17 18:16:33

Your fine, crack on.

namechange20050 Wed 31-May-17 18:17:27

You should read 'expediting better' by Emily Oster. Debunks lots of the pregancy myths.

AlletrixLeStrange Wed 31-May-17 18:20:39

My midwife said it's fine just open the window!
This was 7 years ago mind.. crikey blush

Milliemoo37 Wed 31-May-17 20:38:05

Thanks everyone, I'm just going to do it and make sure there's windows open and that it mostly gets on my hair and not skin. grin

lilyborderterrier Wed 31-May-17 21:31:45

I'm 6 months and I dyed my hair on Sunday. You are fine x I felt so much better for it too, I'd been putting it off for ages as i was so tired / I couldn't be arsed.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now