Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

just found out im pregnant.

(4 Posts)
elizastone Wed 31-May-17 11:54:23

hi im new here, ive literally just found out im pregnant, im so shocked and all over the place.

don't get me wrong we are both happy but i'm so scared and worried.
his family arent happy about it, all they seem bothered about is our holiday.

the doctors don't want to see me until my first midwife appointment, is that normal? i felt a bit shunned off? like i don't know what to expect or whats happening, it does not seem real but everyone is like well you've had two positive tests so you are and that's all there is to it.

please can someone give me some advice, make this seem normal and real, im freaking out.

MissBax Wed 31-May-17 14:35:35

Firstly, congratulations 🎊 !!
Why aren't his family happy? What exactly have they said?
If you've arranged a booking appt you shouldn't need to see a doctor unless you're classed as a high risk pregnancy.
Just try and relax and take it in as it's early days smile

arbrighton Wed 31-May-17 17:32:22

I wouldn't have seen gp at all if I hadn't had to go and discuss prescription medications... The dipsticks they have are no more accurate than the tests available in the shops now.

It took a very very long time for it to sink in that I am pregnant, and even now if I'm honest, at 35 weeks, it's still a bit surreal.

givemethecake Wed 31-May-17 17:37:24

Congratulations. It always seems a bit scary at the beginning as you don't know what to really expect.

If people don't seem to be bothered, don't keep surrounding yourself around them. It's a time to be happy (if this is obviously what you want) so just ignore anyone who thinks different.

I hope everything goes okay. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now