Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TOXOPLASMOSIS

(6 Posts)
user1490790128 Wed 31-May-17 06:19:17

Hey all, I am 15 weeks pregnant and tested positive for toxoplasmosis. I am anxious and so terrified. Has anyone else been through the same as me with any comforting experiences ? Please help! Xx

Floellabella Wed 31-May-17 07:12:49

Sorry to hear that, you must be scared. This thread is quite reassuring www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1603476-My-toxoplasmosis-experience-to-share-with-others-who-may-go-through-the-same-thing. Good luck xx

kikibo Wed 31-May-17 07:39:24

You probably had an infection in the past that left antibodies so you are immune. Just ask your midwife or doctor what's positive exactly (there are two types of antibodies, recent and non-recent).

Apachepony Wed 31-May-17 07:45:10

Was about to post, then saw I posted on that old thread! Anyway my baby was born perfectly fine, though it was certainly an anxious pregnancy. Hopefully all will be welll for you.

KatharinaRosalie Wed 31-May-17 12:38:08

I wanted to ask the same, what do they mean by positive? A positive toxoplasmosis antibody test would normally mean you are already immune and don't have to worry about it. Recent infection is of course a different matter. Were they clear that this is a current infection?

ighinici Wed 31-May-17 18:36:23

there are two types of antibodies they test for: IgM (it means a recent infection, so ideally that would be negative) and IgG (it means an infection in the past, so that's great news for you). which one did you test positive for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now