Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Overwhelming tiredness

(4 Posts)
Weebeastiebaby Tue 30-May-17 17:01:25

I am in my first trimester and am currently struggling so badly with exhaustion. I currently work 4 night shifts per week and am finding it almost impossible to function. I feel out of breath and like my heart is racing at the slightest exertion and I am usually pretty fit, am a normal weight and usually exercise regularly and manage to work nights and day shifts with no real problems. I also have an almost-2-year old and feel like the worst Mum ever. I have no energy to play with him or make him healthy meals and keep having to palm him off to friends or family meaning that when we do have time together he acts up and behaves naughtily because he's barely seen me.

I don't remember feeling like this when I was pregnant with ds. I also have only very occasional nausea this time around whereas it was more intense with ds.
Just wondering if this is anything to worry about or if all pregnancies are just different or if this is a sign that all is not well
I haven't told many people besides dh and am not very close with anyone at work I could tell to explain my tiredness and poor performance.
Any advice on how I can have more energy and get through this without permanently damaging my career or my son? sad

Oysterbabe Tue 30-May-17 19:29:59

It sounds normal to me so try not to worry about that.
I'm in a similar situation, 11 weeks, neglected 17 month old, being crap at work. I don't think there's anything to do but tough it out until it passes, which it will and soon flowers

Orangebird69 Tue 30-May-17 19:32:47

I cried because I was so tired. I couldn't believe how tired I felt. I think it's normal.

Topsyloulou Tue 30-May-17 19:48:53

This was me until a couple of days ago. So tired I could barely function. Felt I was doing a crap job everywhere, work, home, with DS, no energy to see friends or family. It was never this bad when I was pregnant with DS. I'm now 16 weeks & slowly the fog of tiredness is lifting & I'm getting my energy back. It has been so frustrating but life is starting to get back to normal. Just rest as much as you can, easier said than done I know l, don't worry about the housework. A few weeks of less healthy dinners & some cuddles on the sofa watching a film until you get some energy back won't hurt your DC or you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now