Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

32 weeks and past week emotions been a roller coaster

(6 Posts)
Elkalv Mon 29-May-17 23:43:37

I am going through difficult patch, I split up with my partner sometime ago and recently he started getting in contact just to tell me how great his single life is, at work I had few disappointments and I got cold as well but to be honest I ve been on a brink of crying every single day and I don't know anymore if it's really life getting difficult or my hormones playing up. How is everyone else feeling in third trimester?

beccii161016 Tue 30-May-17 00:46:24

It sounds like a bit of both chick! You've had some major changes that are bound to upset you but as well as that, you're heavily pregnant and gearing up to give birth! Never underestimate the power of hormones!
I will say this though, most people bragging about loving being single are generally actually miserable and just want to give the illusion of having a great life. He sounds extremely childish though, you're better without him! x

ighinici Tue 30-May-17 09:29:08

the fact that he felt the need to call you to tell you that he's doing great, proves that he's doing just the opposite.
just ignore him, he's probably frustrated by who-knows-what. focus on the fact that you'll soon be having a little one, your one and only little one!
and if you see that life events are getting to you, how about trying joining a group for single moms or asking your midwife for info on where you can get support?

Scaredycat2016 Tue 30-May-17 13:43:27

So glad to read this (no offence). I'm also 32 weeks, in tears frequently or at least on the brink qnd just generally nit feeling very good. Like you, I'm under a lot of stress too and also single. I have no idea if it's normal or not but just to read somebody saying they feel the same helps! I feel like some sort of freak for not being excited and walking on air. Pm me if you'd like a chat xx

user1494270143 Tue 30-May-17 21:18:07

I'm feeling the exact same. I'm only 10 weeks pregnant, a complete hormonal
mess. my partner finished me when i told him i was pregnant, he's told me he's moving away and that i can wash my hands of him. i've seen this weekend that he's taken another woman out for a weekend city break. i literally feel broken. i don't even want to get out of bed most days, but am speaking to my midwife about this as i am really struggling. you are not alone!! it will all be worth it in the end. lots of love xx

Elkalv Thu 01-Jun-17 00:39:26

Lots of love to you too ladies, why some men such an as'holes! Scaredycat, no offence taken I know exactly what you mean. When is your due date? TBH I tried to search for single mum antinatal class but give up and just going to Nct one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now