Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8 weeks and feel terrible

(14 Posts)
HaylJay Mon 29-May-17 18:49:38

Hi everyone

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and I feel absolutely awful. I feel I can barely do anything due to feeling weak and lethargic.
Unable to eat much due to the naseau but have only actually been sick once.

I need to be able to function for my 1 year old little boy as I'm his full time career, but the way I feel I don't know how i can sad

I've had 2 miscarriages (one being only a few months ago) and I had one full term pregnancy and I don't remember ever feeling this bad before sad

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Usernamegone Mon 29-May-17 21:22:43

I'm 8 weeks as well and feel awful. At the moment I'm alternating between the worst tiredness ever and feeling sick.

Can anyone advise when the tiredness will end and I will start to feel normal

arbrighton Mon 29-May-17 21:39:24

I felt exhausted for most of first trimester (as in 10 hours of sleep and a nap each day!) and nauseous virtually all the time but not sick.

Every pregnancy is different

It eased around 12-13 weeks though, when the placenta started to take over, and after the first scan.

HaylJay Mon 29-May-17 23:22:47

Sounds just like me! I keep getting such overhwhellong tiredness that I just can't keep myself awake which is completely out of the ordinary for me! But I think the constant nausea is the worst!!

HaylJay Tue 30-May-17 00:21:01

I'd rather just be sick than feel naseau constantly 😔 I've only actually been sick once. I hope it clears before 12 weeks because I'm not sure I can cope that long!

Pixiedust2017 Tue 30-May-17 03:18:06

I am currently 8 weeks 5 days. I have been feeling dreadful up until today where I feel fine with minor nausea and very very light cramping occasionally. I am now trying not to panic that my symptoms are way less than normal.
Not that I found the comment helpful at all but "everyone" says that the worse I feel the better the baby is doing when I feel bad.
I have been having to go to bed around 8 or 9 pm as I just cannot stay up later without falling asleep anyway, and spending most of the day at work finding excuses to do sit down jobs.

ChocolateRaisin Tue 30-May-17 08:54:07

I had horrendous nausea from 6 weeks- 10.5 weeks. I had the odd day or two where I felt better and that it was clearing and then it hit me harder when it came back. At one point I literally couldn't move without having to run to be sick. I was signed off work for two weeks. Mine started off with constant nausea for a few weeks, which then graduated to nausea and sickness.

I am now 12+3 and feeling so much better. I am sick once in the morning and have about 10 mins of feeling rubbish, it then clears and I can function for the rest of the day.

Hang in there, it does pass!

arbrighton Tue 30-May-17 12:46:40

Yeah, I eventually started thinking that actually being sick would be better than just feeling like I might be all day every day. But I never actually threw up and as I say it subsided about 12-13 weeks.

Perfectly healthy bean by all accounts despite no actual sickness.

Now 35 weeks and with ankles the size of my thighs or so it feels!

runnerbean39 Tue 30-May-17 14:56:11

I started feeling exactly like that from 8 weeks on, absolutely exhausted and just feeling nauseous all day. I'm 10 weeks now and I'm afraid it hasn't got any better yet!

I have figured out that I feel better in the morning, so I try and get things done then (including exercise). Also I am definitely less nauseous if I graze on food all day - if I have big gaps between meals so that I start to feel hungry, the nausea is much much worse. Might be worth trying if you haven't already? Hoping it's true these symptoms will wear off by 12/13 weeks!

HaylJay Tue 30-May-17 15:33:03

Hi runnerbean39

Sorry to hear that you're still suffering with it! I hope it goes in the second trimester too but hope it goes before then too because it's making it difficult to leave the house!

I can't remember it being this bad with previous pregnancies

HaylJay Tue 30-May-17 15:36:14

Hi Pixiedust2017

Don't panic! I think it's quite Normal for things to settle down!
With the tiredness I'm the same I keep falling asleep on the sofa early which is totally unlike me

HaylJay Tue 30-May-17 15:39:14

Hi chocolateraisin

Sounds like you've had a horrible time of it so far!
But I'm glad to hear things are becoming a little more copeablw for you now.
I hope it passes for me too soon because I feel so guilty on my toddler son. We were getting out and about together every day before this nausea kicked in!

Starfish28 Tue 30-May-17 15:40:54

In both my pregnancies the tiredness was horrific. I could slept 12 hours and still wake up exhursted. It was much worse second time around as i was running after a toddler. Mine got slowly better from 20 weeks but it was really rough going. Can you get some help? I used extra nursery days just to get some sleep.

Constantlurker Tue 30-May-17 15:41:14

I'm 11+3. For me the nausea and exhaustion seems to have been the worst in the last 3 weeks. For me it's mostly between 4pm -9pm, morning sickness my ass!!

I also find that I heave mostly when I yawn... which is not helpful when you yawn ALL THE TIME because you're so exhausted!!

It's my first baby, I've got my scan on friday and am assuming that once the scan is done all sickness will disappear completely, I will immediately become mother earth and flowers shall spring up wherever I walk, I will only crave healthy foods (not cocopops...alllll the cocopops) and giving birth in December will be like mild indigestion followed by a sneeze and a pop.

That's what happens right...?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now