Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 weeks and DD has chicken pox.

(5 Posts)
LadyNymeriaGhost Mon 29-May-17 15:28:03

As the title suggests, really. I'm 38+4 and DD(3) has just developed the first pox spots.
I'm almost certain I've had it as a child, but just sent a message to my DM to check.
I just wanted to check I've read the nhs website correctly... I've had it, therefore I'm immune, therefore I don't need to do anything. Is that right?
Also, if baby were to be born in the next week or so, I would have to keep DD and baby separate, right?
Sorry if these are obvious questions. I'm experiencing late-pregnancy fog.
angry And there goes my first relaxing week of mat leave. I was planning on sending DD to nursery and catching up on some sleep!

dementedpixie Mon 29-May-17 15:32:44

Yep, keep those legs crossed for the next week or so. You can get your immunity checked and that will tell you if you've had it before

Emma2803 Mon 29-May-17 17:03:39

I think the main concern would be at this stage baby coming before your daughters spots have crusted over and therefore would be at risk of passing them on. I would phone midwife to let her know and hopefully baby will be another two weeks before they arrive!

Greylilypad Mon 29-May-17 17:42:08

Just had similar, they tested me at beginning of pregnancy and I am immune. Only concern would be baby arriving and being exposed but all spots should have crusted in a week or so. So if baby doesn't arrive til due date or after and you are in hospital for a couple nights, should be fine. If baby is early; you'll have to keep them apart. Double check with your dr!

LadyNymeriaGhost Mon 29-May-17 17:52:57

Thank you, everyone. That's pretty much what I was thinking. I'm at the midwife on Thursday, so I'll chat to her then. If baby were to arrive early, we can keep him and DD separate until she's over it. It wouldn't be ideal, but doable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now