Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Small bleed - 23 weeks + 5

(5 Posts)
ColdFeetWarmHeart Mon 29-May-17 10:07:26

Morning all.
I had a small bleed last night after DTD. Very pink/red. Next to no blood really - very small amount. Nothing on the liner I wore overnight but a tiny bit of brown blood after I peed this morning. I don't have cramps or anything and I have felt baby moving since.

Should I call midwife team today (bank holiday) or just self-monitor and call the midwife team tomorrow?

BTW this is my 2nd pregnancy. First one I sailed through. This one has been a struggle with serious exhaustion and bad SPD/PGP. I did too much yesterday (only bloody housework - you'd think I'd climbed a mountain instead of doing a couple of loads of washing, sorting dishwasher and making a few rounds of tea for guests!!) which made my hips quite painfull for the latter half of the day, so maybe that has contributed to the small bleed.never had a bleeding before in either pregnancy.

TIA

Graceflorrick Mon 29-May-17 10:14:55

Call your midwife for advice, sounds fine but best get proper advice.

Walks20 Mon 29-May-17 17:46:24

I had 3 days of spotting at 26 weeks, just dots but it worried me and I eventually went to get checked out.

I have cervical ectropion and it's just slight irritation, could be because of scented toilet paper, dark underwear, intercourse or just anything apparently. They said not to worry unless it's bleeding like if you were on your period. I haven't had it since, phone your midwife if you're worried but it sounds like what I have.

Our babies just like to keep us on our toes sometimes I think grin

AuditAngel Mon 29-May-17 17:48:43

I had a bleed at 24 weeks with DD2 as I had placenta praevia. Was admitted for 3 days then sent home. A total of 6 admissions before an EMCS at 36+1, no need for SCBU

Walks20 Mon 29-May-17 17:51:59

Oh and incase cervical extropion sounds scary here's a definition: Cervical ectropion is where there are harmless changes in the neck of the womb (cervix). It's the most common cause of bleeding during the later stages of pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now