Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early scans-what did you see

(13 Posts)
UltrasoundWorry Sun 28-May-17 19:08:56

If anyone had an early scan (4-6 weeks) what did you see and was your pregnancy successful?

I got a positive at 10dpo two weeks ago tomorrow. AF was due on the Friday and I had an early scan at epau last week which showed just a tiny sac. I should be 5w 2d today but when I had the scan they saw just the sac and I'm worried
Wondered what experience others had and what the outcome was
Thanks x

AnUtterIdiot Sun 28-May-17 20:58:59

I think it's not uncommon to see only what you've seen this early which is why most private scanning places don't scan before 6-7 weeks. What did they say at the EPAU?

UltrasoundWorry Sun 28-May-17 21:02:10

I have to go back in 2 weeks. I'm just worried as had a mmc a few years ago and only saw a sac and was told to return in two weeks then so it's bothering me. Just wondered what others had seen and if just a small sac is usual and can go on to be a viable pregnancy

Polly99 Sun 28-May-17 21:02:34

It's normal to just see a sac at 5w 2d.

There's a website called advancedfertility that shows scans from various dates. If you look on there you will see there really isnt much there are this stage.

Polly99 Sun 28-May-17 21:03:29

... and they always seem to rescan in 2-3 weeks to confirm heartbeat.
try not to worry.

GreenGoblin0 Sun 28-May-17 21:15:50

for what reason did they scan you so early ? a lot of EPU don't scan before 6 weeks because there is very little to see before then

Namechangeaholic Sun 28-May-17 21:17:31

At 5+1 weeks they saw a sac, but due to my weight couldn't confirm where the sac was (potential ectopic). At the 7 week scan we saw the heartbeat, a blob with a huge head, tail and four little white stick limbs and the yolk sac. At my 12 week scan I found out I was actually 13 weeks so the original scan with just a sac was actually 6w+4d. I'm now 17 weeks with no further problems. Try not to worry, keep yourself busy between now and the rescan. I recommend doing things you have to concentrate on as you often find your mind wandering while watching tv (and it will seem like everyone on TV is pregnant). Good luck xx

UltrasoundWorry Sun 28-May-17 21:21:08

They scanned early due to worries about an ectopic (previous tubal surgery) and I had some pain
I was just panicking due to the mmc and same advice to wait two weeks. I did try and ask more but they were very non comital and kept saying let's see when you are rescanned in a fortnight

Namechangeaholic Sun 28-May-17 21:21:10

Also just wanted to say I went to EPU originally due to pains which I thought were possible miscarriage, then had another visit to EPU before my rescan with bleeding. I thought 'Well that's definitely it now' it's all fine though. Worrying about it isn't good for you or the pregnancy, as hard as it is x

Namechangeaholic Sun 28-May-17 21:25:10

Yes they were like that with me, I guess they don't want to give any false hope. I had a blood test done to check my hormone levels were still rising, have you had it? Mine were on the very very lower scale of the change they'd expect. When we went for the rescan she said straight away she could see the heartbeat and showed us the screen before confirming if it was viable or not.

UltrasoundWorry Sun 28-May-17 21:33:47

I had two hcg tests done on the wed and fri of the week I got my bfp. Once they saw the sac they said no need to repeat the bloods as it had quadrupled when I'd had them done and then seeing a sac meant no ectopic

Roseandbee Sun 28-May-17 22:26:00

@Polly99 I cant seem to find the site in google? i see a .com but it only has embryo pics

OP I had a scan yesterday at 6wk1 I did see a heart beat and fetal pole but im still worried because i measured a week behind, that didnt make sense to me as at 5 weeks from my research your not supposed to see much (i know i'm not 5 weeks as im pretty certain on my dates) so I woudn't worry too much as its normal

Polly99 Mon 29-May-17 10:47:57

here you go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now