Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Too nosy?

(8 Posts)
nosleepforme Sun 28-May-17 11:53:28

dh says iabu...
he went to a family supper that i had no intention of attending since i do not get on with my in laws. as a couple, we decided together that the best thing was for him to go without me.
at the supper my sil sister asked dh where i was. dh said i wasnt feeling so good and was in bed. sil sister replied "well hopefully it's for a good reason wink". dh was so shocked he said back to her "it's simple. she's just not feeling good." she then told dh family that she thinks i might be pregnant.
dh family have sort of caught on that we are having problems ttc. i am now in my first trimester but they do not yet know. i have been married several years and only seen my sil 3 times. i have NEVER met sil sister and do not even know her name. i was really upset by this.
aibu to think that the comment was totally out of place from a stranger, and that she should not have said anything to dh family?!

AssassinatedBeauty Sun 28-May-17 11:56:11

I think it's a little gossipy, but it's not a terrible comment. I'm not sure what benefit your DH thought there would be in telling you what she said.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 28-May-17 11:56:51

Oh blimey,you sound hard work,it was a throw away comment. Forget it!

Laurajonesy Sun 28-May-17 14:25:36

People say things like that all the time, if a women even mentions feeling tired or sick straight away it's 'ooh not pregnant are you?' I've had many a stranger say a throw away comment. I don't think it was mean to upset you

AnUtterIdiot Sun 28-May-17 14:46:50

I've had that a few times during this trimester. It annoys me because people should know that if you were pregnant and wanted them to know you would have told them. But it's not maliciously intended so I wouldn't get too upset.

nosleepforme Sun 28-May-17 15:00:38

thanks for your reassurance, the comment just threw me off! i think you are right, it was probably just a throw away comment not meant in a bad way. hopefully i will forget about it quickly!
just upset though, that she told the in laws as they now think that i am pregnant and are very angry that they think dh told sil sister and not them...
guess i should just leave it to settle by itself instead of making a big drama?

fanfrickintastic Mon 29-May-17 07:22:47

Definitely don't make a big drama! There's no need. It's just a throw away comment. The type loads of people make. You are making a mountain out of a molehill and coming across as very difficult!

nosleepforme Mon 29-May-17 08:45:39

was more of a statement than asking if i should make a big drama - of course there would be no use to that! sorry for the misunderstanding.
dh nanna very sick and unconscious since yesterday and family won't let dh see her because of this... i'm just waiting for them to get over it. feel bad that dh is being 'punished' by his family because of this silly little comment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now