Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

No due date

(15 Posts)
Hotpinkangel19 Sun 28-May-17 09:57:59

I'm pregnant but I have no due date! LMP was 23rd March which would make me just over 9 weeks. By my ovulation date I should be 8 weeks 1 day. Early scans say 7w 2 days but sonographer says I need a dating scan. Midwife booking in appointment says to wait for scan on 3rd July for my due date! Anyone else been in this situation? X

Kicker764 Sun 28-May-17 09:59:47

I would go by your LMP xx

NapQueen Sun 28-May-17 09:59:52

Anyone else been in this situation? X

In the nicest way possible, every pregnant woman ever.

Your dating scan is what gives you your due date. Up until then you can estimate based on lmp. It may even change a day or two at the 20 week scan.

ShowOfHands Sun 28-May-17 10:01:47

The early scan will be fairly accurate and you can work out your due date from it.

Remember though, a normal pregnancy is 37-42 weeks. The due date just helps arrange care. Your baby will arrive somewhere in that 5 weeks, all being well.

user1495731899 Sun 28-May-17 10:02:33

Hi I've just worked out your due date going of lmp and it's calculated as the 28th December. So for now that's your due date till your dating scan x

ShowOfHands Sun 28-May-17 10:03:04

You don't need to use LMP when you've had a scan. The scan is more accurate.

user1495731899 Sun 28-May-17 10:04:50

Not all scans are accurate . Because sometimes they can get the measurements wrong

BagelDog Sun 28-May-17 10:09:02

The most accurate estimate will be from a scan at about twelve weeks. LMP and ovulation dates are a good guide but there is still a lot of variation in cycle lengths, actual time of fertilisation and implantation. Earlier scans are useful but the most accurate for dating is about 12 weeks, after this there is more variation in growth ( makes sense given all these babies end up wildly different sizes at term. And remember the estimated due date only really gives you a rough guide and anywhere from 37 to 42 weeks would still be term.

Hotpinkangel19 Sun 28-May-17 10:12:57

Thank you! It's just difficult when I see the GP and they ask how far I am! I think if I go with the 8 weeks(ish) mark then I'm in the middle!!!!??

ShowOfHands Sun 28-May-17 10:13:12

When there is a 2 week discrepancy between the LMP and an early scan, the scan is almostly certainly more accurate. If it's accurate to +/- 5 days, it shows the LMP date as wrong. Plus, the op knows she didn't ovulate on day 14.

The dating scan will give more info but if the op is desperate to know how pg she is, in her case the early scan is currently her best guestimate.

NapQueen Sun 28-May-17 10:40:19

Currently if anyone asks how far along they will expect you to calculate from the first day of your last period.

With dc2 we only dtd once that month (ovulated next day) so I was bang on with the date, scans matched my dates, but the doc/mw still insisted on goibg by lmp date until the scan confirmed.

DappledThings Sun 28-May-17 12:56:36

I'm exactly the same, LMP 23rd March so currently due date is 28 December. Scan is 19th June and it might change a bit then (DS was brought forward by 2 days). If it comes up in the interim you can say for now you are 9 weeks as that's the best info you have till scan

Hotpinkangel19 Tue 30-May-17 17:05:36

Thanks!!! X

Gothbaby Tue 30-May-17 19:02:19

I have 3 different dates around mid august! Each dr. /midwife has told me a different one. I just picked the 1st but ive always seen it as a guideline cos.everyone of my family was late or early x

Slightlyperturbedowlagain Tue 30-May-17 19:10:40

8 years ago I was told that a dating scan at 12 weeks was the most reliable estimate. I had no idea of LMP due to irregular cycle and losing track due to toddler and lots of other chaos at the time. After discussion with a friendly member of the midwife team we picked the date we liked the look of which was the middle one. Unfortunately he arrived 3-5 weeks early depending on date, so after that they plumped for the earliest due date to make him born at exactly 37 weeks not 35 confused As he was fortunately very healthy just a bit on the small side (5lb12 oz) we didn't question it but would have made a fuss if he hadn't been well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now