Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sibling 12 week scans look exactly the same?

(13 Posts)
upforathird Sun 28-May-17 08:41:01

Does anyone else have identical looking babies in their siblings' 12 week scans? I'm pregnant with the third and it looks just like the other two in its 12 week scan - same head shape etc. My other two happen to be the same sex so now I'm thinking this one is also the same sex. I'd be delighted either way however feel that our surprise is no longer there because I'm 99% convinced of its sex. Particularly as I've been reading about the skull theory - not sure how accurate that is!

Anyone else thought their baby looked identical to siblings 12 week scans yet it turned out to be a different gender?

user1471495191 Sun 28-May-17 08:49:26

I'm pregnant with my second and it looks and acts exactly like the first (DD) in the scans, so I am wondering the same. We haven't found out the sex though so still waiting for all to be revealed...

Chamonix1 Sun 28-May-17 09:03:58

Me too. 13 week scan with this one, head shape etc looks very similar to dd' just better quality!
I'll have to wait until December for definite answer but placing my bets on another girl!

HaPPy8 Sun 28-May-17 09:18:13

I have one of each and their scan photos look exactly the same!

upforathird Sun 28-May-17 10:00:45

Interesting Happy - so the head shapes are exactly the same?

All three of mine look exactly the same to the point that you would believe they were the same baby. so it's possible it's just a sibling thing rather than a sex thing?

SoupDragon Sun 28-May-17 10:03:22

IMO they all look the same, siblings or not!

I'm not convinced they are genuine. I think you get randomly allocated a picture and they are all the same baby (who is now about 30, married with kids and proudly showing off the ultrasound photo they think is their baby but is actually them)

Crumbelina Sun 28-May-17 10:06:02

I was convinced that baby number 2 would be a girl when I saw the 12 week scan. Same nose, same skull shape. We've just had the 20 week scan where they confirmed it's a girl. smile I'm only a sample size of 1 though ....

Anditstartsagain Sun 28-May-17 10:06:36

Mine looked very different in the scan everyone said girl for ds2. They are both boys and look so alike side by side baby pictures even I would struggle to say who is who.

Bluebiscuits Sun 28-May-17 10:08:25

My two scans looked very similar- espeially nose and head shape. I also think my scans looked different from other peoples, so I dont agree all scan pictures look the same, but I like your theory SoupDragon! I had one girl and one boy and they still look very alike now at ages 6 and 8.

upforathird Sun 28-May-17 10:13:33

Haha great theory SoupDragon.

Mine definitely look different to others but the same as each other...

Impatientwino Mon 29-May-17 07:05:09

All 3 of my boys have had identical profiles at their 20 week scan.

First two boys looked identical at birth and third one due in 14 weeks so I'm assuming he's going to look the same as his brothers!

yikesanotherbooboo Mon 29-May-17 08:15:14

DD and DS2 had very similar scans and they are very similar in terms of build and head shape. As babies they were very alike but DD is very dark and very feminine and DS2 is fair and masculine. They are clearly brother and sister but no more than that. DS1 's scan was quite different .

MmmMalbec Mon 29-May-17 09:05:37

Yeah both my boys looked exactly the same at my dating scan! But I don't have a girl so I don't know if she would look the same or not too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now