Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panicking symptoms gone

(5 Posts)
Lillygolightly Sat 27-May-17 21:00:22

I had a scan at the epau preg dated to somewhere around 6 weeks and there was a heartbeat going strong

Saw my midwife on Friday for booking in and see dated me at 12+3. I'm panicking because my nausea seems to have gone. I'm still tired and boobs still tender but I can't shake the feeling something is wrong ☹️

My next scan is not until the 16th June...I can't imagine waiting that long. I'm terrified of a mmc....no idea how to reassure myself.

Rodent01 Sat 27-May-17 21:02:34

12-14 weeks is when placenta takes over so it's normal to see a reduction in nausea symptoms.

That probably doesn't help much but it's a known fact!

Lillygolightly Sat 27-May-17 21:08:07

Thanks for the reply I'm am hoping that is what it is, just wish I could shake the panic and not keep fretting about it.

Finola1step Sat 27-May-17 21:11:56

12/13 weeks was around the time my all day sickness stopped in both pregnancies. In fact, IIRC, I felt really well between 14-24 weeks. The second trimester is by far the easiest for many women. Congratulations.

Lillygolightly Sat 27-May-17 21:38:07

Thanks Fiona

I guess some of the worry comes from the fact that when I had the scan the sonographer dated me at around 6 weeks which would make me around 10+? now. Midwife went off my lmp which puts me at 12+4. In my head I've no idea whether I'm really at placenta stage or not as I would have thought the scan was more accurate.

Also according to midwife I have to keep ringing up the hopsital daily to try and get my scan in earlier as according to her dates I'll be to far along for the full nuchal fold screen.

So worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now