Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity swimsuit recommendations

(13 Posts)
stuckinthehouse Sat 27-May-17 17:54:45

Anyone? I plan to wear it on holiday in Spain around the pool, and then for aquanatal classes. Will need to have the capacity to accommodate enormous boobs (which last pregnancy grew to 34JJ shock )

SheepyFun Sat 27-May-17 18:00:34

I had a Slazenger maternity swim suit (size 16). It was great for swimming, though not the prettiest for round the pool (black one-piece). I had 36G breasts by the end of pregnancy, and they were contained, though not necessarily beautifully!

GrumpySusan Sat 27-May-17 18:43:37

I've just bought one from Asda, it's pretty and has underwired/shaped cups but not sure how much support you're after!
Only £14 and feels nice on. Now I just need to actually attend aquanatal blush

stuckinthehouse Sat 27-May-17 19:05:22

Asda do maternity wear? shock

I did not know that.

Cakescakescakes Sat 27-May-17 19:08:53

JoJo Maman Bebe had nice ones when I was looking online the other day.

Lucinda15 Sat 27-May-17 19:09:11

I found 80% of my maternity wear came from Asda in the end! I kept going back as was so pleased with what I got each time. And I had a great swimsuit from there, very flattering with good support, kinda sad I won't have much use for it much longer. Also, I am a 36FF, not sure how it wld cope with a JJ!! But I still recommend. X

cremeeggaddict Sat 27-May-17 19:10:26

I got a great one from Tesco online and my boobs are not small. Only cost £16.

GrumpySusan Sat 27-May-17 19:21:04

They do indeed stuck thank heavens. I find mat clothes so expensive but Asda is affordable and has been decent so far- except the jeans which didn't quite fit me right (though I do struggle with jeans full stop).
I'm just going to order a few tops actually.
I've never seen it in store so tend to do click & collect, though you can try on in store and just return straight away anything that's not right!

SpringtoSummer Sat 27-May-17 21:09:50

I was looking for one today but didn't think I'd get one to fit properly around boobs (up 2 cup sizes already) so I went for a non-maternity bikini from bravissimo. Am hoping it will be OK...

Cagliostro Sat 27-May-17 21:48:42

I'm sending the Slazenger one back. It has lining on the front, as in boobs and tummy, all in one. So nothing separate for boobs, which as an HH cup is far from ideal blush

I'm going to try the Speedo one instead as that seems to have a chest panel.

Johno85 Mon 29-May-17 08:16:01

Hiya. I tried one from Tesco; the bottoms were great but I couldn't even fit my boobs in the top! I'm a 34f normally and now a 38f 😳 I bought this one from mothercare after trying it on in store alongside a few others:

www.mothercare.com/clothing/nautical-maternity-tankini/LLC359.html#q=Tankini&start=3

It fits really well and bearing in mind I bought it in the second trimester and now 34 weeks it's going the distance. I went for a tankini as wanted the option to use it for a pool birth. Good luck with your search x

Loraline Mon 29-May-17 08:20:16

I had one from Next which was a great fit and accommodated massive breasts

Spottyladybird Mon 29-May-17 08:25:39

I had a next one, also had a next tankini which can work well if you need a bigger top to bottom.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now