Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

HE'S hot and tired.

(5 Posts)
MissBax Sat 27-May-17 13:10:19

This is more a lighthearted rant than a serious issue or looking for advice.
I know that my OH has every right to be tired/stressed/irritated etc before anyone tells me that.
BUT... Anyone else get frustrated when their OH moans about being tired?
I can't help but have no sympathy at all - I'm equally as tired and stressed with work AND 6 months pregnant in this heat!!!! Anyone else in the same boat and need a little moan?? 😂🙈

FATEdestiny Sat 27-May-17 13:23:49

You know when I'm managing my four children...

when the toddler is teething and hasn't slept well for a few days...

And I consider the fact that 7am or earlier wake ups, 365 days a year, have been part of my life for over 12 years now...

And that I've spent, I would guess, at least half of the last 12 years having broken nights sleep....

....then I read about (first time?) pregant women with their lives uncomplicated by multiple children and years and years of sleep deprivation.... wink

It doesn't make me feel annoyed though. Being big and tired and hot isnt nice for anyone.

Have four cool showers a day and instead of drying yourself, lie naked on your bed with two desk fans pointing at you. That's how I cope in the heat anyway grin

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 13:39:33

I have - last night was sat on the couch with feet in bucket of cold water, a wet towel over me and the fan pointed at me grin such larks!

adlertippa Sat 27-May-17 18:50:56

I was awake from 2am the other day, felt like a zombie so pretty much just lay next to my sleeping partner staring at the ceiling. Got up at 6am out of boredom to potter around then got back into bed. He stretches awake like a bloody cat about 8am, has a sip of the tea I've made him and goes 'ooh, I just feel so tired still'. I was so rude to him I waited outside the bathroom to apologise when he came out the shower!

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 21:03:42

adler - totally feel your pain! I was up from 5 this morning. Woke OH at 10 to ask if he'd still come with me to something he'd agreed to at 11 - he replied "urghhh do you REALLY need me there? I'm knackered".
I was just like - wow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now