Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bleeding at 10 weeks should I go to ER

(5 Posts)
mumwhatnothing Sat 27-May-17 05:03:58

I a 10 weeks and started bleeding. Brown clots.

I have lost 4 babies at 8-10 weeks over last 18 months

It is Saturday here and my Dr is closed

Should I go to ER

HariboFrenzy Sat 27-May-17 05:15:01

Sorry to hear of your previous losses. I can only imagine how worried you must be. I'm not sure I would go to ER unless the bleeding gets very heavy or you feel otherwise very unwell. Ultimately there is nothing to be done if you are losing this one unfortunately.

HariboFrenzy Sat 27-May-17 05:16:55

Although I think brown blood is not necessarily a worrying​ thing in early pregnancy, so wait and see?

HeadDreamer Sat 27-May-17 05:27:07

They won't do anything at ER unless your bleeding was very heavy. I had two miscarriages. One with the kind of bleeding a thick maternity pad can hold. I was seen after 4 or more hours but told to go home. They don't do scans. Another time it was so heavy I have blood all over my trousers and needed a bucket. And bled on the A&E chair. I was seen almost instantly and they operated on me. First trying to dislodge the clot in the A&E room. That didn't work and I was pushed to theatre, given GA and they did the EPRC.

So from personal experience, it depends on the level of bleeding whether you need emergency care.

MrsH128 Sat 27-May-17 08:25:48

I'm guessing you aren't in england calling it the ER but i'm
sure you have the same depts as us, do you not have an early pregnancy clinic that you could ring? or could you not call your midwife?

i'm so sorry you are having this worry i've been there before it's not nice xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now