Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Panic about glue fumes - reassure needed!

(8 Posts)
mrsbumblebees Fri 26-May-17 21:38:21

I'm hoping someone will tell me I'm being silly and hormonal don't need to panic... sad

DH has been renovating our kitchen and I have been keeping clear, especially when there has been lots of dust, glue/paint fumes, either staying out the house for a bit or shut away upstairs with a window open etc...

Today he has been gluing some plasterboard in place while I was at work. Obviously he had the windows open at the time but this afternoon he went out and shut everything up for a couple of hours. I got back before him and walked into a very stinky ground floor, the fumes were really strong where the windows had been shut. I quickly went round opening all the doors and windows before retreating upstairs to the bedroom with the windows wide open. I was only downstairs for a couple of minutes while I opened the windows but now I'm panicking that I shouldn't have gone in the house at all. I'm having a bit of a panic, really hoping you can tell me I don't need to worry!!!

2014newme Fri 26-May-17 21:39:05

😂☕

Maggy74653 Fri 26-May-17 21:40:26

You will be totally fine, as will your baby, don't worry x

KoolKoala07 Fri 26-May-17 21:42:47

Absolutely fine. Don't worry.

SavoyCabbage Fri 26-May-17 21:51:21

Spending two minutes in a room where someone else had been using some glue will be fine.

mrsbumblebees Fri 26-May-17 22:11:18

Thanks ladies, anxiety and pregnancy hormones have been making me lose my grip on reality perspective on what I need to worry about...! I appreciate your replies smile

Babyonboard101 Fri 26-May-17 22:40:57

Seriously?? grin

user1483644229 Fri 26-May-17 22:45:20

I used to panic over things like this. You know in your mind it is fine but you need to hear it from others for reassurance. You are 100% fine....prolonged exposure to chemicals, say in your job, day after day for weeks on end would be more of a concern but a few building smells at home for a couple of days won't be a problem x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: