We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Panic about glue fumes - reassure needed!

(8 Posts)
mrsbumblebees Fri 26-May-17 21:38:21

I'm hoping someone will tell me I'm being silly and hormonal don't need to panic... sad

DH has been renovating our kitchen and I have been keeping clear, especially when there has been lots of dust, glue/paint fumes, either staying out the house for a bit or shut away upstairs with a window open etc...

Today he has been gluing some plasterboard in place while I was at work. Obviously he had the windows open at the time but this afternoon he went out and shut everything up for a couple of hours. I got back before him and walked into a very stinky ground floor, the fumes were really strong where the windows had been shut. I quickly went round opening all the doors and windows before retreating upstairs to the bedroom with the windows wide open. I was only downstairs for a couple of minutes while I opened the windows but now I'm panicking that I shouldn't have gone in the house at all. I'm having a bit of a panic, really hoping you can tell me I don't need to worry!!!

2014newme Fri 26-May-17 21:39:05

😂☕

Maggy74653 Fri 26-May-17 21:40:26

You will be totally fine, as will your baby, don't worry x

KoolKoala07 Fri 26-May-17 21:42:47

Absolutely fine. Don't worry.

SavoyCabbage Fri 26-May-17 21:51:21

Spending two minutes in a room where someone else had been using some glue will be fine.

mrsbumblebees Fri 26-May-17 22:11:18

Thanks ladies, anxiety and pregnancy hormones have been making me lose my grip on reality perspective on what I need to worry about...! I appreciate your replies smile

Babyonboard101 Fri 26-May-17 22:40:57

Seriously?? grin

user1483644229 Fri 26-May-17 22:45:20

I used to panic over things like this. You know in your mind it is fine but you need to hear it from others for reassurance. You are 100% fine....prolonged exposure to chemicals, say in your job, day after day for weeks on end would be more of a concern but a few building smells at home for a couple of days won't be a problem x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now