Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Heat!

(5 Posts)
Dani00 Fri 26-May-17 18:01:43

Hi everyone I'm 14+2 and had a 6 hour car journey , today it was so hot in my car and actually got sunburnt I feel okay now but couldn't help but worry that I may have overheated and hurt baby? Is this likely or is it just things like saunas etc? Thank you.

NotAnotherUserName5 Fri 26-May-17 21:31:44

Baby will be fine! Think of ladies in very hot countries across the world who have babies.

The main thing is to stay hydrated, so if you're doing that you'll be ok.

Dani00 Sat 27-May-17 07:23:58

I never thought of it that way thank you!

Mandraki Sat 27-May-17 09:42:40

Yeah just stay hydrated and out of direct sunlight if possible. I am 21 weeks preg and was away in Crete last week, it was 37 degrees one day and our girl was definitely moving less than normal. I was worried but kept drinking water and tried to stay in shade and after I'd cooled down over night she (and I) was fine again. Like NotAnother said, women have babies in hot countries and they're fine, so don't worry, just take care of yourself and bump.

Dani00 Sat 27-May-17 11:37:18

Hope you had a lovely time! Thank you , that's reassuring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now