Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Tiredness in pregnancy

(9 Posts)
Cazza444 Fri 26-May-17 13:46:18

Hi all
Just wanted some advice. I am 18 weeks pregnant and constantly tired. I yawn all day long and struggle to work a full week. I sleep alot- ie; yesterday 11hours. Just wondering if anyone has some useful tips! Thank you

OutComeTheWolves Fri 26-May-17 18:03:48

I have no useful tips at all but I'll be watching with interest in case anyone else does!

TheLegendOfBeans Fri 26-May-17 18:09:19

Also placemarking but are you getting enough iron? Eating enough folate?

I know I'm not really so I've only got myself to blame sortof

NoOneLikesACrispyTowel Fri 26-May-17 18:20:35

Have you had your iron checked recently?

Cazza444 Fri 26-May-17 18:26:16

Yeah iron has been checked and it's fine. I am eating three meals a day, varied diet. I fell asleep yesterday at 10.30pm and woke at 11:00am! Finding it hard to work

user1494685124 Sat 27-May-17 17:43:33

I have the same problem. 12 weeks now and the last 8 weeks have been a tremendous struggle. Feeling totally overwhelmed with everything in addition to tiredness. Doctor said it is normal but obviously it's good to see your doctor for them to try and help you. Mine prescribed me vitamins and gave me a week's sick leave, which helped (even though I now face the weekly dread again at the end of every weekend to pull myself to work, with colleagues who know nothing and probably think I am the slowest person in the universe).

ElleMcElle Sat 27-May-17 17:50:46

I have the same problem at 7.5 weeks. Exhausted. Although I've also had a nasty cold for the past week, so that has made things much worse. I'm taking a pregnancy multivitamin which contains iron, but maybe I should also get levels checked? Is that something that happens at your booking in appt, or do you need to go to GP separately to arrange it? Thanks!

Cazza444 Sat 27-May-17 19:26:07

The midwife told me all my results at the 16 week appt. I was just thinking that this week I'm going to trial having a smootie with some greens and a bit of fruit. Might give me a boost.

Cazza444 Sat 27-May-17 19:28:01

Don't worry about your colleagues you just need to look after yourself, everyone's pregnancy is different so don't give yourself a hard time :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now