Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

17 Weeks Pregnant

(4 Posts)
Smith1209 Fri 26-May-17 11:30:59

Hi all i am 17 weeks and 2 days pregnant with my first baby and i am so very nervous about everything.
Because myself and my other half have been trying for 2 years and we have our miracle i am still scared i am not doing everything right and they are not happy in there.

I havent felt any movements yet and this is worrying in its self as so many people are shocked i havent felt anything yet.
Please say I am not the only first time mum to have these worries.

mrsbumblebees Fri 26-May-17 13:55:26

Congratulations on your pregnancy and please don't worry - you are not alone feeling anxious, I'm 19 weeks and have been an nervous wreck for pretty much the whole time!

It's not at all unusual not to have felt movements yet, especially with a first baby. Some lucky people seem to get them really early on and I started to compare myself to other people and panic, but my sonographer assured me this week that many ladies don't feel anything until well after 20 weeks so please don't worry! I have just started feeling what I think are tiny movements this week, but I still can't be sure!

I also had a panic as I have absolutely no bump, and I've seen ladies at 15 or 16 weeks looking huge, hence my reassurance scan this week! Needless to say I was once again worrying unnecessarily, and baby was exactly the right size and looked just fine in there, it varies so much from person to person so try not to compare to other people too much as it only leads to panic!

I am going to make a big effort to be more positive in the second half of the pregnancy and worry less. We can only do our best and keep our fingers crossed, I hope you start to feel better soon! My reassurance scan really helped and I think once the 20 week scan is out the way I am going to try and put the worries to one side and feel much more positive, as I know deep down that worrying doesn't help anything. Best of luck with everything and I was you a very healthy and happy pregnancy!

confusedat23 Fri 26-May-17 13:59:48

Hey OP I am 18 weeks here so understand how you feel...

Once you get the 20 week scan out of the way and start feeling the regular movements in the weeks after you will be feeling much better!

The first half of pregnancy is definately the hardest for worries etc but you are so close!

Tryingno1 Fri 26-May-17 14:03:10

Hi smith. I'm 18 weeks after many years and miscarriages and a nervous wreck!

I've also not felt any movements yet and keep trying really hard to try feel it but noting yet! Had my last scan 2 weeks ago and all is well but hard not to worry every day after it....
I hope it happens soon for us both!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now