Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My cat won't leave me alone! Are your pets different?

(10 Posts)
NotAnotherUserName5 Fri 26-May-17 11:15:35

I'm 37 weeks, and suddenly my cat won't leave me alone. Currently sat eating oranges, and she hates them but is right on my knee.
Shes usually not a cuddly kind of cat.

Anyone else noticed a change in their pets behaviour?

glastogal Fri 26-May-17 11:23:07

My very independent boycat has never been one for laps (unlike his needy sister) but ever since I became pregnant he has been all over me! Since I was about 6 weeks gone he has been crawling onto my lap for extended naps. I like it but he's really difficult to shift grin

AmyB1986 Fri 26-May-17 11:25:54

My cat is stalking me I swear! I'm 19 weeks and since about 10 weeks she's been under my feet everywhere I go. She brings me her toys, sits on me, follows me, watches me and meows at 5 in the morning to tell me she's awake! Normally she never comes near me, doesn't like sitting with me or being stroked. She sleeps between my legs in bed now too.
Definitely different behaviour since being pregnant.

leighdinglady Fri 26-May-17 11:43:35

My dog doesn't give a shit. Diving all over me, Sticking pointy paws in to my stomach, jumping on my bladder, pulling me over on walks. No animal intuition in my house!!!

PalomaViolets Fri 26-May-17 11:51:42

My cat is a tart anyway but like AmyB , she
is forever under my feet. I can't even go for a pee without her lying at my feet. I like to think it's good practice for when the baby comes 😊

Ginlinessisnexttogodliness Fri 26-May-17 14:39:14

We've got three cats and a dog.
My OH has taken to calling me Doolittle. I seem to hold some sort of pregnant Svengali -esque hold over them. The follow me everywhere, one cat even perches on the side of the bath when I'm in. They cry to be let in the bedroom and when in literally just drape themselves over me.

They've been like it every time. Sweet but also a little unnerving

ashaj92 Sat 27-May-17 08:14:58

I have two boy cats, one of mine is needy anyway but my younger of the two is obsessed with my little bump! Always sits with his head or paws resting on it and if I try to move him he puts them back 😂 I swear cats can tell when you're pregnant must be like a vibe we give off or something!

MissBax Sat 27-May-17 09:52:33

Aww I'm jealous, neither of my two have batted an eyelid!

JellyBean89 Mon 29-May-17 11:27:32

I don't have any pets at home but I remember when my aunt was pregnant our family cat wouldn't leave her alone, was always napping on her feet and trying to get close to her. Planning to go to my mums house over the weekend and will see if the cat reacts to me or not.

lynmilne65 Mon 29-May-17 11:30:54

Not to be creepy but my last cat divined I had breast cancer, she suddenly started head butting and pawing my breast, I was trying to pull her off and that's when I felt the lump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now