Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

CVS Results

(2 Posts)
user1495652204 Thu 25-May-17 22:11:45

First time I've left a message on here as only just joined, but looking for women who are in or have been in my position.

I'm 13 weeks pregnant and just had my CVS yesterday, had one two weeks ago but they couldn't reach the placenta so had to wait another two weeks, luckily this time they managed it. Due to it being a bank holiday I won't have the results until Tuesday and it's killing me!! It's all I can think about, everyone say's stay positive it will be fine but I just know my luck sad

I have a genetic disorder (muscular dystrophy) it doesn't effect me much but if it's passed onto a baby and it develops child onset the baby can be seriously ill, or be still born. I think the thing that makes it worse it's a 50/50 chance, literally a flip of a coin.

I just constantly feel sick and just praying it's good news for me and my baby.

gojettersgo Thu 25-May-17 22:18:28

I've had Cvs, repeat cvs and had to go to amnio with my pregnancies that got to 11 weeks. I feel for you.

Distraction was key for me. A box set, long natters with friends/family about other stuff. Wrap yourself up in cotton wool, or,online shopping. I think I bought new sofas while I was waiting once. They were weird so don't do that.

I also joined a forum that was fab, I can't remember the name.

I hope the result is good, my fingers are crossed for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now