Talk

Advanced search

Thick question but can you carry a baby in a carry cot (round house erc while sleeping) ickle bubba v3 stomp

(22 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Thu 25-May-17 19:21:10

Hi all. Just wondered to those who own an ickle bubba v3 stomp what the quality of the carrycot is. And a stupid question of can you actually use it to carry baby around the house etc while sleeping? blush anyone know how heavy it is?

arbrighton Thu 25-May-17 20:11:30

short answer:no

Jellybabie3 Thu 25-May-17 20:23:12

Ah ok

calimommy Fri 26-May-17 04:37:00

I don't know that brand but I've used both bugaboo and vista carry cots and carried both around the house as needed with baby sleeping inside. Not sure if that's a helpful answer or not! Also I've used both as the night time sleeping option instead of my (bastard squeaky) Moses basket.

KoalaDownUnder Fri 26-May-17 05:23:06

There's a carry cot called 'ickle bubba'?! Ugh.

<not point of thread, I know>

Jellybabie3 Fri 26-May-17 06:50:22

Ok thank you

calimommy Fri 26-May-17 06:58:31

I've just googled it, if this is the one you mean it looks perfectly fine for around the house, it has feet for standing off the chaises.

Jellybabie3 Fri 26-May-17 07:07:17

Thats the one!

JigglyTuff Fri 26-May-17 07:11:03

Ickle bubba?!

JustMumNowNotMe Fri 26-May-17 07:27:03

There is a brand called Ickle Bubba?! shock

Jellybabie3 Fri 26-May-17 08:15:12

Yeah sorry ladies. I havent picked it for the name! £449 for puschair, car seat, carrycot, bag etc + isofix base included......

Jellybabie3 Fri 26-May-17 08:15:56

Im suprised so many havent heard of it. Its very popular!!

JohnLapsleyParlabane Fri 26-May-17 08:18:10

Awful brand name, yes. We have an Aurora from their range and it's great.

JigglyTuff Fri 26-May-17 08:18:23

It's a long time since I was thinking about carrycots smile

Why do you want to be carrying your baby round the house anyway? If you can put them down while they're asleep, breathe a big sigh of relief, tiptoe away and go and have a cup of tea

Orangedaisy Fri 26-May-17 08:24:43

Sorry to be a swat but currently anti-SIDS guidance is that baby should sleep in same room as you at all times. So OP is right to carry baby round.

Nishky Fri 26-May-17 08:27:17

But Orange you wouldn't carry the baby from the lounge to the kitchen while you make a cup of tea would you, or into the loo with you.

Orangedaisy Fri 26-May-17 08:32:57

No, but if I was moving to a different room for any decent length of time I would move baby too.

JigglyTuff Fri 26-May-17 08:33:23

Yes, I do know that Orange - I didn't have a baby that long ago. But that's at night - during the day, it's perfectly okay to pop out into the kitchen to get some lunch.

Honestly, the advice really doesn't mean that you need to lug them from room to room or that you have to be remain in the same room as them throughout their nap.

Orangedaisy Fri 26-May-17 08:41:08

Agreed. Off for shower now with DD asleep in pram. I won't take her into the shower with me wink.

JigglyTuff Fri 26-May-17 09:05:46

Oh good grin

I hope she sleeps long enough for you to have a lovely long one smile

Ginlinessisnexttogodliness Fri 26-May-17 13:03:31

You don't need to lug a carrycot with a sleeping baby in it room to room.

I put both of mine - and this next will be the same - in their cot in our bedroom with a breathing sensor pad and monitor on during the day, same as night. If they napped that is. Which was once in a blue moon.

Best of British to you if you really think you want to and can transport a growing baby in a carrycot for when you are having a shower, putting the washing in, making lunch, etc etc. I'd give it a week and you'll be so sick of doing it you'll stop.

Ginlinessisnexttogodliness Fri 26-May-17 13:05:19

Other thing that's useful is a decent bouncer chair type thing. I have one for my lounge and for our kitchen diner so I can plonk baby in one or the other. Good ones have a decent recline and proper support so they can rest in them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now