Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What's food are you craving?

(31 Posts)
Leavesandburies Thu 25-May-17 12:34:18

Constantly starving and desperate for savoury and salty foods but looking for ideas of things to stock up on. I'm currently mad for:

- salad, especially tomatoes
- bacon and eggs
- roast chicken dinner
- dried bananas
- cheese and onion crisps

I'm thinking of baking a gammon so I can hack chunks off to nibble over the weekend.

Leavesandburies Thu 25-May-17 12:34:48

Hummus and carrot sticks!

Leavesandburies Thu 25-May-17 12:36:55

Pickled gherkins!

AnUtterIdiot Thu 25-May-17 13:11:01

Nothing. Everything tastes awful and makes me sick. How far along are you? I'm nearly 9 weeks and so fed up with nausea that I could cry and in fact did earlier this morning so any prospect of actually wanting food would really cheer me up grin

twinkle1972 Thu 25-May-17 13:16:51

Lolly icessmile

rightlittlered Thu 25-May-17 13:21:27

29 weeks and my cravings have been varied... Dried apricots (didn't like them prior to pregnancy), Krispy Kreme donuts and sweet corn on the cob!

rightlittlered Thu 25-May-17 13:22:34

Spicy food, especially curry. Used to crave salt and pepper like crazy with my first pregnancy!

Leavesandburies Thu 25-May-17 13:32:21

AnUtter, you poor thing. But I'll be exactly where you are in a few weeks. I'm 6weeks tomorrow and this is my fourth. My sickness becomes unbearable around 6.5wks every time so I'm just rejoicing in my will to eat for these last few days before I go down a black hole for months. Hang in there, I always find 9-11 weeks the hardest of the hard shit with pregnancy.

I was just thinking today that I can deal with this level of on off nausea and wishing my pregnancy could stay at this level so I could have a hope of enjoying some of it. But no such luck I'm sure.

AnUtterIdiot Thu 25-May-17 14:02:57

I'm being such a whinger at the moment. Also updating my DH every time I'm sick which I'm sure is only cementing my image in his mind as the sexy temptress he married grin

Oysterbabe Thu 25-May-17 14:05:33

Supernoodles
Chips
Definitely no meat envy

Gothbaby Thu 25-May-17 14:22:12

luckily im past the morning sickness (which i was craving fruit and toast when i wasnt vomming my guts up every hour) Im 28ish weeks now and being a veggitarian Im luckily only craving one none veggie thing! so current cravings:

Peanut puffs (like cheesy puffs/wotsits but peanut instead of cheese)
JELLY!!!!
Instant mash.....
cans of sweetcorn

xxxx

owltrousers Thu 25-May-17 14:25:53

Ribena!! The sugar free squash kind, really diluted. I'm drinking pints of it!

kavanaughkj Thu 25-May-17 14:44:47

In my first trimester I craved macaroni cheese and ice lollies. Thankfully since then I've wanted healthier things, though ice lollies still do wonders to settle down a troubled tummy for me. smile

AnUtterIdiot Thu 25-May-17 14:58:21

Actually, I do have one persistent craving. I am not proud of this. It's for a McD's quarterpounder with cheese blush

I don't normally eat McD's at all. And the sensible part of my brain has reminded me, rightly, that if I'm struggling to keep down yoghurt and toast and fruit a quarterpounder is a really stupid thing to eat. But I still really want one. Not sure whether to give in or not.

Leavesandburies Thu 25-May-17 15:16:26

Give in. I had a Big Mac craving on a previous pregnancy. If that's what you want then by George you should have that wonderful 5 mins of eating it.

sleepseeker99 Thu 25-May-17 16:22:39

Camembert and bacon

OnNaturesCourse Thu 25-May-17 16:54:51

Paté which I'm not allowed 😭 and lemon ice lollies. Oh and paprika crisps.

I did previously have a thing for fanta lemon but that's passed xx

OnNaturesCourse Thu 25-May-17 16:54:55

Paté which I'm not allowed 😭 and lemon ice lollies. Oh and paprika crisps.

I did previously have a thing for fanta lemon but that's passed xx

Usernamegone Thu 25-May-17 17:01:26

Anything spicy/salty/highly flavoured at the moment! Also, any beige carbs are note good now the sickness has started. I almost cried on Sunday that the Chinese didn't open until 5pm!

bakingmad83 Thu 25-May-17 22:02:55

I'm also mad for savoury food esp if it's spicy, though I have also been craving cheese. I'm putting the latter down to the fact I've been dairy free for 2 years as still breastfeeding DS who has a milk allergy and although I'm having calcium-fortified almond milk, know I'm not fully meeting increased requirements of pregnancy. Anyway, gave into cheese cravings, DS has been a bit more windy, but nothing major, so cheese is here to stay smile

tabithaa Thu 25-May-17 22:06:24

Chips
Cheese
Chips &a cheese
Flying saucers
Jelly sweets
Went off meats & chicken.

Oysterbabe Fri 26-May-17 08:12:05

Brown sauce makes everything better.

Gothbaby Fri 26-May-17 09:09:52

Salted popcorn! !!! X

Jellybabie3 Fri 26-May-17 09:19:39

Milk confused 23 weeks tomorrow

GnomeDePlume Mon 29-May-17 18:56:43

Mr Muscle plughole cleaner

I never wanted to eat it but couldnt get enough of the smell. We had the cleanest kitchen sink ever!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now