Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early Pregnancy Exhaustion, M.E & Plans!

(4 Posts)
ladybuglou Thu 25-May-17 09:56:27

Hi everyone!

This is my 1st post. I found out last weekend I am pregnant, about 5 weeks. This is my 1st, so v unsure about things!

I have M.E/CFS and I am finding the early pregnancy fatigue very testing at the moment. Thing is, before I knew, I signed up to do a course every Friday. It's 5 hours long and the travel is an hour each way. I so want to go, but I am so worried I won't manage due to the fatigue and a part of me is saying I should be resting as much as poss.

I have no idea what to do. I don't know whether to give up my place to someone else or to go and push through. Any thoughts and ideas would be super helpful!

Thanks ☺
Lou x

arbrighton Thu 25-May-17 11:25:42

I was absolutely dog tired/zonked/ exhausted through first trimester. Naps in the afternoon and full nights sleep/ lie ins at weekends.
In your situation, I would probably cancel the course, especially as it's at the end of the week.

You may of course be adding nausea/ sickness into the mix too.

Not trying to be down on it, but I know I would have struggled with that and I don't have to consider ME/ CFS

PancakesAndMapleSyrup Thu 25-May-17 11:31:56

I have fibro so sympathise with you as im also now 31 weeks. Tbh its been a hellish pregnancy and exhausted dosent cover it. Do you have other DCs to look after or work? Im saying this as if you do and then go on the course how are you going to cope as it is very likley to flare up horribly. If not and you can mooch for most of the week/end then go for it. But youe concentration is likley to be less than usual.

ladybuglou Thu 25-May-17 13:29:01

Hey thanks for the replies!

Arbrighton that's what I thought. I'm sleeping 12 hours at night and still exhausted come lunch time. Can only seem to get things done for a few hours late afternoon/Early evening

Pancakes you poor thing! Thank you for sympathising. No other DCs or work but I have a house with every single room in urgent need of deep cleaning, decorating, repairs and furnishing. It's v overwhelming and starting on the smallest room as hubbie isn't working this weekend thank goodness! Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now