Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very early pregnancy symptoms

(33 Posts)
BrownXeyes Wed 24-May-17 20:07:10

Can people give me an idea of what symptoms they had if any before they were able to take a test about 1 week - 10 days after ovulation thanks

leighdinglady Wed 24-May-17 20:13:43

A huge period cramp. Just one that lasted about a minute. Boobs sore. Feeling slightly 'off' like mildly faint and then I got a cold. Both times I've been pregnant

londonloves Wed 24-May-17 20:17:59

I was STARVING hungry 24/7 no matter what I ate, for about the first three weeks.

toffeeboffin Wed 24-May-17 20:19:23

Terrible diahorrea (sp??)

Shootfirstaskquestionslater Wed 24-May-17 20:20:47

So far I've had tender nipples nauser once and a metallic taste in my mouth but I don't know if I am pregnant yet and if I am then am nearly 3 weeks.

Stee1 Wed 24-May-17 20:21:58

Period type cramps for 2 weeks bad back sore boobs and very hungry, thought I was getting my first period after nexplanon removal turns out i am pregnant caught straight away!

sparechange Wed 24-May-17 20:24:11

Needing the loo 2 or 3 times a night
Insomnia/not being able to get back to sleep once I'd been to the loo
Not being able to string a sentence together properly and forgetting the word I wanted to use - like when I have a hangover wink

inspiredbutohsotired Wed 24-May-17 20:27:27

Sore achy boobs!

Maggy74653 Wed 24-May-17 20:29:20

I didn't have any symptoms before my positive test. With both pregnancies I got a positive test at 9dpo.

QuestionARhino Wed 24-May-17 20:36:11

I had a tugging pain above my belly button for 2 weeks

beccii161016 Wed 24-May-17 20:40:28

I didn't have many but my first every symptom was actually a food aversion. I thought I'd cook myself a bacon and egg sandwich but smelled the egg whisky it was cooking and heaved. I thought it was off so I checked the dates and put them in water - they were fine. I wasted 5 eggs before I realised maybe it wasn't the eggs! 2 weeks later and a positive test! I was only 4 weeks when I got my BFP so can't have been more than 2 weeks when I had my aversion!

beccii161016 Wed 24-May-17 20:41:17

I had a lot of errors in my previous post haha I meant to say "whilst the egg was cooking"

CurlyhairedAssassin Wed 24-May-17 20:41:36

I noticed that I smelled different DOWN THERE. wink

I just knew that my body was in a different state before even doing a test.

BrownXeyes Wed 24-May-17 20:42:14

This is all great to hear thanks guys!

BrownXeyes Wed 24-May-17 20:46:22

Thanks,

I have had a tugging pain in the top of my tummy, I have a hey arms/legs, tired all the time, my favourite food I suddenly think tastes completely vile, not hungry all the time but when I eat I'm eating more/bigger portions. I completely went mental at my partner last night then next minute was crying my eyes out to him and still 24 hours later I couldn't tell you why! X

AnUtterIdiot Wed 24-May-17 21:47:21

Incredibly sore boobs and very vivid dreams. Cramps that never became a period. A sort of full feeling behind my pubic bone. But nothing definitive. I find it hard to distinguish between premenstrual symptoms and early pregnancy to be honest.

AnUtterIdiot Wed 24-May-17 21:47:54

No nausea until around week 6 for me.

kavanaughkj Thu 25-May-17 15:36:57

Sore boobs, sensitive teeth (only right at the start, not since), a weird smell in my nose that didn't leave for the longest time, and when I dtd with hubby the night before I took my first pregnancy test I noticed that my cervix was way higher than normal for that time of my cycle - normally he had to be careful around that time of the month or he'd hit my cervix which was uncomfortable to say the least! Basically a lot of little things that I didn't add up at the time, only later - the sore boobs were very much a pre-AF symptom anyway, I thought I was imagining the smell and I figured the sensitive teeth just meant I should use better toothpaste. grin The cervix thing got me wondering and hoping though, which is why I took the test the next morning ...

CatRash Thu 25-May-17 20:49:01

I got my BFP around 11/12 dpo, before that date I had a very stiff neck, excema suddenly flared up on my hands and my cat became ultra clingy. Could have all been sheer coincidences though!!

BrownXeyes Thu 25-May-17 21:14:43

Wow that cat thing sounds strange!!!! Haha congratulations though!!! X

18mnthsandcounting Thu 25-May-17 21:55:15

I've had cramping pretty much since the day I conceived is that normal? I'm 5 weeks 3days. Very sore boobs also and extremely tired! Also needing to wee in the middle of the night which is rare for me!

reetgood Thu 25-May-17 21:57:07

Super tired, before everything else. I thought it was just an active weekend. Proper lying around not really functioning

LadyAlanPartridge Thu 25-May-17 22:05:53

Hunger. Like you haven't eaten in a week.

Lemondrop99 Thu 25-May-17 23:55:15

Sod all really. I have every symptom under the sun for months, then AF turned up.

The month I was actually pregnant, I had nothing unusual. I had cramps and sore boobs, but these are also AF signs so I thought she was about the show up. The only difference was that the cramps felt more like stretches and went on for a whole week but with no AF. That's when I started to realise maybe AF wasn't late but actually wasn't coming.

I think symptom spotting can drive you a bit stir crazy and generally isn't very helpful confused

BrownXeyes Fri 26-May-17 07:49:28

I think you snare right there about symptom spotting! There's such a fine line between Af and early symptoms isn't there! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now